• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Zeitghost = OrangeHopper"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    Romanes eunt domu.
    threaded is right of course - domus. People called Romanes they go the house.

I bought the DVD last week. Had its moments but wasn't as funny as I thought. Which reminded me that when I first saw it, it wasn't as funny as I expected.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Lucifer Box = Fleetwood
    Did he go to an all boys grammar school as well?

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Didn't have time... oh well, next saturday...
    I go there most Saturdays so if you see a buff, young and impossibly handsome IT contractor there it's probably not me.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    WE REALLY believe you look like Al Pacino

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Erm, it was Domus in LoB. Domus catches many out being one of those freak nouns having a locative, yet feminine, but looks like a 2nd declension masculine, except that it sometimes acts like it might have also had a nasty accident with a fourth declension.

HTH

It should be Romani ite domum.

Now, write it out a hundred times!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Romanes eunt domu.
    Erm, it was Domus in LoB. Domus catches many out being one of those freak nouns having a locative, yet feminine, but looks like a 2nd declension masculine, except that it sometimes acts like it might have also had a nasty accident with a fourth declension.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    No, it isn't.

It should be "Is that better, sir?". I am not a knight of the realm and it's vocative, boy, vocative.
    Lucifer Box = Fleetwood

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Hey Franco, did you get your rabbit for Saturday lunch? I picked one up at the Wimbledon Farmers' market for £4 and made a beautiful coniglio con aceto last night.
    Didn't have time... oh well, next saturday...

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Hey Franco, did you get your rabbit for Saturday lunch? I picked one up at the Wimbledon Farmers' market for £4 and made a beautiful coniglio con aceto last night.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.
    Romanes eunt domu.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Is that better Sir?
    No, it isn't.

It should be "Is that better, sir?". I am not a knight of the realm and it's vocative, boy, vocative.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

Leave a comment:

• hattra
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
    Errrr...Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall ?
    Ah - that old cannon

Leave a comment:

• OrangeHopper
    replied
    What a crap thread.
    Watch it, I've seen your stock.

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
    Qui quo quad
    cuius cuius cuius
    cui cui cui

zzzzzzzz....zzzzzzzz....zzzzzz........

Tiger tiger burning bright...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X