• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why are Boxers called Tyson tossers?"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Greater Manchester Police are now investigating him as someone has reported his comments as a hate crime. linky

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So you're not in favour of personal freedom then?
    You can say what you like as long as you don't break the law.

In this case someone could decide his homophobic speech falls under the a public order act.

He knows he can't make racist or anti-religious comments as this clearly falls under various public order acts.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I have done my bit for trying to put the world to rights. Why don't you get your Batman outfit on? Oh yes. I forgot. You cannot get one to fit.
    That's not fair. MF has raised a lot for various charities in that XXXL spandex Barney the Dinosaur outfit of his.

Just saying!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If Tyson lost his cool in a fight I could understand. But making comments outside the ring that are inflammatory(and bollux) is not something a role model should be allowed to get away with.
    So you're not in favour of personal freedom then?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    True true. However I think you are forgetting rape and speeding.
    We both forgot paedophilia....

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Why don't you get your Fatman outfit on?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are allowed to get away with sexism and homophobia in sport - if you weren't football would lose a good quarter of it's players, managers etc.
    True true. However I think you are forgetting rape and speeding.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Stop bitching and do something about it.

Why don't you offer him a straightener at a service station of your choice?
    I have done my bit for trying to put the world to rights. Why don't you get your Batman outfit on? Oh yes. I forgot. You cannot get one to fit.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Bare knuckle?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    If Tyson lost his cool in a fight I could understand. But making comments outside the ring that are inflammatory(and bollux) is not something a role model should be allowed to get away with.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You are allowed to get away with sexism and homophobia in sport - if you weren't football would lose a good quarter of it's players, managers etc.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I just looked up the other names.

Quite a few of them do have personalities but have managers, parents etc who tell them to button it before they grow up and learn to have restraint in public.

The overseas contenders all have personalities e.g. the tennis players have all lost their cool at some point.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Given the name of the "contest" he should be the hands down winner as he seems to have a great personality.
    I just looked up the other names.

Quite a few of them do have personalities but have managers, parents etc who tell them to button it before they grow up and learn to have restraint in public.

The overseas contenders all have personalities e.g. the tennis players have all lost their cool at some point.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Given the name of the "contest" he should be the hands down winner as he seems to have a great personality.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Unfortunately if you do a sport you are a role model.
    Agreed. However, boxers tend to be different role models than most.
    Definitely the case in this instance.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I think it's stupid that anyone who gets in the public eye is supposed to suddenly become a role model. If he's offensive, stop reporting everything he says.
    Unfortunately if you do a sport you are a role model.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X