• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""Retiring from contracting", trolls and sock puppets"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    What's ironic is that your constant obsession with sockies and trolls is becoming trollish in nature.

Why not step away from the keyboard, get a breath of fresh perspective, and come back when you feel better? There's obviously no engaging with you in rational discussion, so I'm locking the thread.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    By the way, the latest one you've "outed" has a registered domain in the name of their company which is also registered at company house. So give it a rest, there's a good chap.
    Considering the style of the posts they fit the profile, nothing to stop someone creating a sockie using the name of a customer of theirs either. We've all seen so many assurances that a poster is "genuine" who you eventually have to ban that frankly they're worth less than the CUK subscription.

If you don't like being caught out in inconsistencies either apply the rules consistently or tell the rest of us the actual rules, how they're applied in practice and the list of approved sockies with reasons.

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    replied
    By the way, the latest one you've "outed" has a registered domain in the name of their company which is also registered at company house. So give it a rest, there's a good chap.
    Are they sock manufacturers?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied

You funny man.
    If only the sockies you sanction WERE funny, shame they're not.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Oh the mods look about as in-sync as Jeremy Corbyn and Hilary Benn. I blame Admin, obviously treats them like mushrooms.
    It's hard for them to be consistent when they're flailing about after realising they've contradicted many of their past posts and actions.
    Last edited by TykeMerc; 4 December 2015, 13:59.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Oh the mods look about as in-sync as Jeremy Corbyn and Hilary Benn. I blame Admin, obviously treats them like mushrooms.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Sorry Diestl, we all make mistakes
    Ah yeah that's the other one I missed!

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    You've even admitted to that in the past, hardly an accusation, it's a fact.
    But not technically sockpuppets though.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Please oh omnipotent one reign in your minions (will cash help?)

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    Nah I don't think that's a good idea...

I have been accused of being kandr, russell and other classic legend posters who are no longer with us...

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied

I have been accused of being kandr, russell and other total feckwit posters who are no longer with us...
    You've even admitted to that in the past, hardly an accusation, it's a fact.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Maybe the mods should post a list of those sockpuppets whose continued existence is sanctioned by Admin/NAT/Cojak and the reasons why they're permitted.

You funny man.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I will start

1) Martin Scroatman -> Allowed to troll since Admin loves reading about trains and bicycles.
    Nah it's important that THEY post the list and why, that way their logic can be understood, it will add a little comedy value by providing evidence that their past posts about rules are utter lies of course, including the banning thread of course.

It's blatantly obvious that Scroatman is a sockpuppet from the same puppeteer as Gittins etc and it was obvious from the first post.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    It is a mystery as to why some are tolerated and others get banned

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Maybe the mods should post a list of those sockpuppets whose continued existence is sanctioned by Admin/NAT/Cojak and the reasons why they're permitted.

I have been accused of being kandr, russell and other classic legend posters who are no longer with us...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X