• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The permie next to me"

Collapse

• Bee
    replied
    Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    I work harder as a permy then I ever did as a contractor .. its sh*t less money more work ..
    Give the work to contractors

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    I work harder as a permy then I ever did as a contractor .. its sh*t less money more work ..

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Looks like PC will be back on JSA then.

Leave a comment:

• MarkT
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

Sounds like the interviewee got of lightly

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarkT
    replied
    Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    I asked the permie sat next to me a simple work related question, last week. She stopped me abruptly and said "I'm really sorry, but I need to focus on this. It's really urgent". I have no issue with that.

5 minutes later, she and her colleagues are discussing what pudding they're having for Christmas lunch and how it's likely to compare to the last 5 puddings they've had at previous Christmas parties.
    This reminds me of an interview I had about 7 years ago at an insurance company in the city. They were looking for a contractor with experience of project management (not a project manager, that would be too much for them..I know...) who could shake them up a bit.

During the interview with the, utterly, clueless hiring manager, her phone rang, it was her mother who wanted to talk to her about what type of hummus they should buy for their picnic at the weekend. How did I know? because she put the call on loudspeaker and proceeded to chat with her, for 15 mins about what she needed to buy. She even asked me if I knew of good vegetarian snacks for a picnic.....

Suffice to say, I took a different role.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post

Just escalate up the food chain if it becomes a problem - do not take the sh!t yourself.

Alternatively, grow a pair.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    I asked the permie sat next to me a simple work related question, last week. She stopped me abruptly and said "I'm really sorry, but I need to focus on this. It's really urgent". I have no issue with that.

5 minutes later, she and her colleagues are discussing what pudding they're having for Christmas lunch and how it's likely to compare to the last 5 puddings they've had at previous Christmas parties.
    She is just being rude and obstructive - it always amazes me how people can get away with this.

Just escalate up the food chain if it becomes a problem - do not take the sh!t yourself.

Leave a comment:

• No2politics
    replied
    Originally posted by Danglekt View Post
    I laughed at this more than I should have
    Same here whilst on a train!

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

I asked the permie sat next to me a simple work related question, last week. She stopped me abruptly and said "I'm really sorry, but I need to focus on this text to my bf. It's really urgent".

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Has spent the last 90minutes counting charity sweets money, and is taking a break to speak to occupational health [emoji23]

Does she eat a lot of puddings?

Post some pictures and we will decide for you....

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    Are they saying this by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• rl4engc
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    There are two Turkish women permies in front of me in my room speaking to each other in Turkish.
    Are they saying this by any chance?

Originally posted by Two Turkish Women Permies
    Yağ Lazy Yüklenici bize bakıyor.

Yağ Lazy Yüklenici onun penis ile oynamaya devam ediyor.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    In fairness it's better than when I tell the dog to "STOP ******* BARKING AT THE POSTMAN YOU NUTCASE!" before discovering I never re-muted.
    Do you know someone with a dog called Syndrome ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X