• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Corbyn forces Tories to U Turn on Tax credits!"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Is what ammunition for me?
    Is MPs not caring about people just ammunition for you to criticise them, rather than a genuine grievance on your part that your fellow men are not being taken care of?

Perhaps you hold MPs to a higher standard, perhaps you are genuinely upset, perhaps you're a hypocrite, we need to know!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    I quite like him. His head would look good in the Long Room between the Elk and the White Rhino.
    Now, that's just plain selfish, what about the others of us that like him too?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Do YOU care about the people? Or is it just ammunition for you?
    Is what ammunition for me?

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    I quite like him. His head would look good in the Long Room between the Elk and the White Rhino.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    EDIT - I thought you were ignoring me? - EDIT
    He actually is deep in love with you. I expect both of you to elope soon

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Wow.

I care very much about people, I just have my eyes open to the fact that the political class do not.

EDIT - I thought you were ignoring me? - EDIT

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I disagree. They care about the people voting. They want them to vote for them. Beyond that, you're spot on though.
    Last edited by d000hg; 26 November 2015, 15:11.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    My point was simple. They don't care about the people. At all.
    I disagree. They care about the people voting. They want them to vote for them. Beyond that, you're spot on though.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    On the flip side if the cuts affect 2% of the population and benefit 98% then surely that is what a government needs to do?
    It rather depends which 2%. Scrapping all benefits entirely would hurt less people than it helps but the people who are hurt are very badly hurt, while the people who are helped barely notice the extra few quid.

And I'm not sure only 2% of the country were going to be worse off, that seems pretty unlikely. But that's not the principle.

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    My point was simple. They don't care about the people. At all.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Curiously, do you think the U-turn came from a position of caring how the cuts would impact people?
    No, they just realised it was political suicide and found a way out. It's partly due to the Opposition, it's certainly not astute economic analysis on its own.
    They made the decision based on a number of factors some of which are obvious (such as the impact on people) other not so obvious.

On the flip side if the cuts affect 2% of the population and benefit 98% then surely that is what a government needs to do?

No policy is going to make everyone happy all the time

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    What a victory for Corbyn and Labour
    No. It was the Daily Mirror. I know this because that's what the paper said this morning.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    It was fook all to do with Corbyn it was to do with the current government checking figures, assessing impact and realising it was a bad idea.
    No, they just realised it was political suicide and found a way out. It's partly due to the Opposition, it's certainly not astute economic analysis on its own.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    FTFY.
    And breathe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X