• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Everyone's got the lube ready for wednesday?"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    Spending review says

What about me? I bought a house just under 2 years ago, first time buyer, I had to pay stamp duty and I didn't get 20% off.

Perhaps he'll knock 20% off my mortgage. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha hhahahahaahahahaaahahahaa.
    I would imagine not - but then most of the people on here are always up in arms about retrospective legislation application so I suppose it works both ways!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    FTFY
    Not so much "Hug a Hoodie" as "Hug a Jihadi"?

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    At least you will be able to reach through and hug your Syrian neighbor
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    At least you will be able to reach around and hug your neighbor
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    You know they'll be cheaply built with paper thin walls
    At least you will be able to reach through and hug your neighbor

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    You know they'll be cheaply built with paper thin walls, built irrespective of whether they are on a flood plain or not, and having to live cramped up with the plebs

I bet those starter homes will be a joy to live in

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Spending review says

£2.3bn paid directly to developers to build so-called "starter homes", aimed at first-time buyers, who will get a 20% discount on prices up to £450,000 in London and £250,000 elsewhere
    What about me? I bought a house just under 2 years ago, first time buyer, I had to pay stamp duty and I didn't get 20% off.

Perhaps he'll knock 20% off my mortgage. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahaha hhahahahaahahahaaahahahaa.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    So what time does the fun begin today?

Best place for breaking news bbc I guess?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    More reason why we all should vote with our feet in the next elections ( hopefully next year ) and vote Corbyn in. At least with Corbyn you will not get some slimy politician wanting to back stab you. Corbyn is straight talking and is our only hope of a government that looks after its working people.
    I would prefer UKIP. But as the plebs only vote for one of two parties, Labour it is.....

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Don't get mad, get even

If you generally vote Tory then come the next general election, forget all this smart-arse tactical voting carp and vote for some other party, COME WHAT MAY!

What on Earth is the point of voting for a party who now seem to be more left-wing and Europhiliac than even New Labour?!

More reason why we all should vote with our feet in the next elections ( hopefully next year ) and vote Corbyn in. At least with Corbyn you will not get some slimy politician wanting to back stab you. Corbyn is straight talking and is our only hope of a government that looks after its working people.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Don't get mad, get even

If you generally vote Tory then come the next general election, forget all this smart-arse tactical voting carp and vote for some other party, COME WHAT MAY!

What on Earth is the point of voting for a party who now seem to be more left-wing and Europhiliac than even New Labour?!

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    On the other hand if what they want to do is destroy the middle class so we have oligarchs and everyone else they're doing a pretty fine job.
    Torygarchs.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Originally posted by AlasGou View Post
    This is ridiculous. Contracting is often a gateway drug into building an actual company. I know plenty of contractors who eventually build their products and sold them to companies they previously worked for. Or get repeat work and hire people to help.

If they want more entrepreneurship this is not the way to do it...
    I plan to do this once my non-competes expire

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by AlasGou View Post
    This is ridiculous. Contracting is often a gateway drug into building an actual company. I know plenty of contractors who eventually build their products and sold them to companies they previously worked for. Or get repeat work and hire people to help.

On the other hand if what they want to do is destroy the middle class so we have oligarchs and everyone else they're doing a pretty fine job.

Leave a comment:

• AlasGou
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X