• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Maybe a BOOM after all!"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    LOL.

Having a good client is worth its weight in gold.
    I, too, personally, have had good experiences this time round.
    And its in England too with (mostly) English people. Never thought I'd see the day. Mind you the Rugby World Cup was particularly enjoyable.

Sad to say but possibly my worst contract ever in terms of bad environment, twattish permies, tosser management was in Wales. Stayed there probably one extension too long because it was local.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Now if I can just get someone to pay me for sitting at home watching JK....

90min each way commute is not my favourite thing. But hey ho its money and, as I said, make hay while the sun shines....
    LOL.

Having a good client is worth its weight in gold.
    I, too, personally, have had good experiences this time round.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    The ever changing tapestry, of the life, of a Welsh based contractor
    Now if I can just get someone to pay me for sitting at home watching JK....

90min each way commute is not my favourite thing. But hey ho its money and, as I said, make hay while the sun shines....

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    MAking me sad now that I've got to work :-(
    The ever changing tapestry, of the life, of a Welsh based contractor

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    FTFY
    MAking me sad now that I've got to work :-(

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Exactly. Dec and Jan on the bench would have been about 600 hours spent in front of Jeremy Kyle

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Neither are we Psycho. It is a strain on public funds
    Exactly. Dec and Jan on the bench would have been about £600 in JSA.

Leave a comment:

• Tasslehoff
    replied
    Happened to me on my previous on contract.

4 weeks out, had the conversation told no funds to extend me. Start looking find something, and scored something on much more.

1 week out, can you stay? Nope I'm out!

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Well, despite being told my services would be no longer required after the contract end at end of month, a week or so ago, it looks like client has had a change of heart.

Looks like they want me to stay for another 2-3 months. Must admit on the one hand I was looking forward to a bit of a rest, but beginning of December is not a great time to be on the bench.
    Neither are we Psycho. It is a strain on public funds

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    With the behaviour you've described I'd agree, relatively uncommon in my experience.
    Yes. I remember a client I worked at for over 2 years. 2 days notice they gave me. Was a bit peeved at that.

Yes they are very good to be fair. Nice permies in the office too. Despite being in England!

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Sound like good clients to me, also.

I'm guessing by review, review of the project and where they are, not a personal review?
    Yes, I assume review of the project. Been here over a year so they already know I'm a lazy tosser!

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    In this case, they told me 10 days ago they wouldn't be extending. Fair play they gave me 3.5 weeks notice.

I guess things change at a business level so hey ho, they know want to know if I'm interested in staying. If I'd had something else sorted (I don't) then it'd be tough luck no hard feelings.

Looks like they're going to offer me a 3 monther with a review after xmas where they've admitted they might need to cut it short but will give me 4 weeks notice. Up front and honest, can't say fairer than that. Pretty good client in my book.
    With the behaviour you've described I'd agree, relatively uncommon in my experience.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X