• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Smeg or Bosch dishwasher ?"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Yay! fixed it - went into a deep dive into the guts of the blighter - it was a piece of cellophane (shaped suspiciously like you see in the top of jars) blocking the outlet pipe of the circulating pump - 2nd test cycle and alls well

Re-iterated standing orders to the dishwasher loader
    • It's not a waste disposer so scrape all food off before loading
    • Check for anything else on the plates

Just saved £510 and now to cancel the new one from AO

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Smeg.
    Better Smeg than dead

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Anything over 6 years old that goes wrong replace.

White goods get more energy efficient so repairing it, while it may be slightly cheaper in terms of immediate outlay*, would be a false economy.

*I'm excluding the hassle of getting the repairer out and then waiting for them to come back with a part to fit, over just ordering a new one and getting them to swap them over.
    Nah. Our double oven which is about 7 yo, just blew up so the prospect of a cooked turkey and roasts for Christmas looked a no goer. I was up for getting a new double oven for about 600 quid but our go to electrician got and fitted replacement parts (£45).

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Smeg.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Arse just gone wrong - error code 21 which should be a blockage in the drain / or a blocked pump
    Just stripped it down , pump seems fine and at the beginning of cycle it does a drain down £500 replacement or call some bod out?
    Anything over 6 years old that goes wrong replace.

White goods get more energy efficient so repairing it, while it may be slightly cheaper in terms of immediate outlay*, would be a false economy.

*I'm excluding the hassle of getting the repairer out and then waiting for them to come back with a part to fit, over just ordering a new one and getting them to swap them over.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I bought a Bosch SMI53M05G back in 2010 for £500 ish - must say it's performed flawlessly and recollection is that it was a range above the usual Bosch domestic jobbies - can't find it still for sale so don't know what today's equivalent would be

Had bad experiences with Bosch laundry though
    Arse just gone wrong - error code 21 which should be a blockage in the drain / or a blocked pump
    Just stripped it down , pump seems fine and at the beginning of cycle it does a drain down £500 replacement or call some bod out?

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Bosch dishwasher just coming up for 10 yrs old. Very reliable but does get a bit hot at the back.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    I have been a bit of a sucker for Bosch goods but the last two have both really boiled my peas.
    But how well does it do potatoes?

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    It's always been like it, d000hg. We have read of other owners encountering similar problems. I have been a bit of a sucker for Bosch goods but the last two (this tumble drier and a cordless strimmer) have both really boiled my peas.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I am now of the mind to buy the cheapest white goods and discard at first sign of trouble
    I think this isn't a bad shout. You will likely replace it more often (though some cheapo white goods last for ages) but on the plus side you will likely benefit from improvements in efficiency, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    My Bosch tumble drier is a petulant fop. It tells ME how long it intends running for, then the minute I leave it alone it usually changes its mind. Often it has told me "2.5 hours, guvnor" yet when I return 20 minutes later it has stopped.

"Why?" I implore it.

"Everything's dry, wassock" it replies, despite the contents being clearly damp.

It's infuriating. Sometimes I sit with it in the utility room, like a midwife coaxing an expectant mother through labour, repeatedly pressing "START", urging it for "One more push", encouraging it to "Bring me dry towels".

it's rubbish.
    My AEG did similar and in the end went and replaced with the cheapest of chips Tumble Drier I could find as an interim measure (aka keeping the missus happy) - t'was a BEKO for £150ish - wife is very impressed with its performance and I am now of the mind to buy the cheapest white goods and discard at first sign of trouble rather than shelling out for fitting:
    • new heater elements -AEG
    • rotary dial mechanical connections - Bosch (why oh why make that part out of plastic Mr Bosch?)

The only issue of course being badge snobbery prevalent within the laundry operative community

Just working out how I can transfer AEG nameplates onto a Beko
    Last edited by Troll; 10 November 2015, 15:04.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    My Bosch tumble drier is a petulant fop. It tells ME how long it intends running for, then the minute I leave it alone it usually changes its mind. Often it has told me "2.5 hours, guvnor" yet when I return 20 minutes later it has stopped.

"Why?" I implore it.

"Everything's dry, wassock" it replies, despite the contents being clearly damp.

It's infuriating. Sometimes I sit with it in the utility room, like a midwife coaxing an expectant mother through labour, repeatedly pressing "START", urging it for "One more push", encouraging it to "Bring me dry towels".

it's rubbish.
    Faulty/dirty sensor? The likelihood of each being related to how old it is?

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    We have a new kitchen coming at the end of the month and went Neff for everything except the fridge freezer. Who needs a warchest!!!!

As someone else pointed out Bosch, Neff and Siemens are part of the Bosch.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 10 November 2015, 10:11.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Had bad experiences with Bosch laundry though

"Why?" I implore it.

it's rubbish.
    Last edited by I just need to test it; 10 November 2015, 10:06.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Bet that wasn't offshored then

Didn't you know there's a small team of Indians hiding in the dishwasher, probably from Tech Mahindra

Leave a comment:

Working...
X