• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Europe In or Out.. you decide"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    What about a "yes, but with reforms" option
    Splitter!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    What about a "yes, but with reforms" option

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Sorry I meant to say "you are a saddo swivel eyed loon"

Yes, as I choose to know what's going on, I'm a saddo.

No wonder we're so far up the creek.

Originally posted by d000hg
    Why don't you quote the relevant sections for us, since you clearly have read it already.
    While I don't want to get into a mammoth debate on the subject, Article 17 sums it up fairly well.

Originally posted by The Lisbon Bloody Treaty
    Declaration concerning primacy

The Conference recalls that, in accordance with well settled case law of the Court of Justice of the
    European Union, the Treaties and the law adopted by the Union on the basis of the Treaties have
    primacy over the law of Member States, under the conditions laid down by the said case law.
    Translation: Our new laws trump your old ones. All your base are belong to us.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    Just read the Lisbon Treaty.
    Why don't you quote the relevant sections for us, since you clearly have read it already.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Am I a swivel-eyed loon?

Sorry I meant to say "you are a saddo swivel eyed loon"

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    I want the UK out of the EU just as much as anyone but I do not buy the exaggerated claims of the "swivel eyed loons" like UKIP.
    Am I a swivel-eyed loon?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    1. You are an ENTP aren't you?

2. This is very trollish

3. Give over, I mean I know you're an agent, but you can't be that daft surely?
    I want the UK out of the EU just as much as anyone but I do not buy the exaggerated claims of the "swivel eyed loons" like UKIP.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's most convenient for the government to be able to say "sorry, it's the EU making us do it" that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    In what way has the UK handed over power to the EU? (I cannot believe I am taking this side of the argument )
    1. You are an ENTP aren't you?

2. This is very trollish

3. Give over, I mean I know you're an agent, but you can't be that daft surely?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    How about handing over the country to a foreign power?
    In what way has the UK handed over power to the EU? (I cannot believe I am taking this side of the argument )

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    How exactly do you define giving aid Give Aid, Comfort and Support to a Foreign Power , Persons or
    Organisation wishing to subvert the Sovereignty of the Country
    How about handing over the country to a foreign power?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Like most BBC / Govt polls it appears to be based on a very small sample ... extrapolated to represent the 1.4 million IT freelancers
    Yes, this is what a poll does.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    You think CUK is a representative sample?
    He thinks it's representative of people who will give the answer he wants to hear.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Both sides have legitimate arguments
    really ?
    John Major thought the other side had illegitimate arguments
    john majors b@stards

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Really? Treason is pretty clear cut:

Under the Treason & Felony Act 1848 it is a treasonable offence to:

Give Aid, Comfort and Support to a Foreign Power , Persons or
    How exactly do you define giving aid Give Aid, Comfort and Support to a Foreign Power , Persons or

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    In theory we will try to "shake it all about" - the it being the terms under which UK stays in the EU.

No-one stands in the way of the EU. Syzira got elected the Greece to tell the EU where to go. EU said no. Syzira held a poll asking if Greece should accept EU conditions. People said no. One week later Syzira accepted the EU conditions against the will of the people.

I will vote for leaving the EU. But I expect my vote to not be counted as I am voting the wrong way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X