• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractor marketing"

Collapse

• LHM
    replied
    Originally posted by HPsauce View Post
    I'd highly recommend giving a DIY go at this. Only you know the skills you're great at and will need to represent those in your words. I watched the video on YouTube and was very insightful on both CV and LIn setup.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOJsHilzXxg

What additional things did you have in mind when referring to self market?

HTH,
    HPSauce
    My Linked in profile lists all of my jobs and positions, etc etc, in a pretty standard format. Over the last 8 or so years I've become niche in one area, but I'd like to also market myself in some of the other expertise I'd gained to get me to this point, such as leading tech/development teams, management of small projects, driving initiatives, etc etc. Just need a hand up putting it all together into more of a 'portfolio' rather than a 'CV'. Know what I mean?

Leave a comment:

• HPsauce
    replied
    Originally posted by LHM View Post
    Afternoon all
    Someone mentioned a marketing company that could help you self market and spruce up your linked in profile for £375.00 +VAT but I can't find the discussion. Anyone remember it?
    TIA
    I'd highly recommend giving a DIY go at this. Only you know the skills you're great at and will need to represent those in your words. I watched the video on YouTube and was very insightful on both CV and LIn setup.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOJsHilzXxg

What additional things did you have in mind when referring to self market?

HTH,
    HPSauce

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Here ya go.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-linkedin.html

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    What! Five weeks JSA too rich for you?
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    375 notes. Sod that.
    What! Two hours money to rich for you?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    375 notes. Sod that.
    They probably have a surcharge, in any case, if you wish them to work miracles .

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    375 notes. Sod that.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Those who have parted with the dosh (and have reported back) have been happy with the results.
    Would they admit otherwise .

Leave a comment:

• LHM
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Yes, the company is CV and interview advisers.

I've attended one of their webinars and it was very good, if a tad salesy.

Those who have parted with the dosh (and have reported back) have been happy with the results.

Not sure when the next CUK webinar is (admin?), but there's an IPSE one tomorrow (28th). I imagine the content is the same, and I don't believe you have to be an IPSE member to join it, but ICBW.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/events/wed-10...ontract-market

Probably worth listening in (whether or not you're a newer entrant) and you can decide if you think it's worth parting with the money - and you'll probably get a discount code if you do.
    Brill thanks, and I'll check out the IPSE one too.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    Building a LinkedIn profile for contractors :: Contractor UK

Some info on here - worth contacting them, but am sure you can get change out of £375
    Yes, the company is CV and interview advisers.

I've attended one of their webinars and it was very good, if a tad salesy.

Not sure when the next CUK webinar is (admin?), but there's an IPSE one tomorrow (28th). I imagine the content is the same, and I don't believe you have to be an IPSE member to join it, but ICBW.

https://www.ipse.co.uk/events/wed-10...ontract-market

Probably worth listening in (whether or not you're a newer entrant) and you can decide if you think it's worth parting with the money - and you'll probably get a discount code if you do.

Leave a comment:

• LHM
    replied
    Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    If you provide references up front to the recruiters it will help more than polishing your CV and you'll get the priority roles

HTH
    Shut up

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    If you provide references up front to the recruiters it will help more than polishing your CV and you'll get the priority roles

HTH

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied
    Originally posted by LHM View Post
    Afternoon all
    Someone mentioned a marketing company that could help you self market and spruce up your linked in profile for £375.00 +VAT but I can't find the discussion. Anyone remember it?
    TIA
    Building a LinkedIn profile for contractors :: Contractor UK

Some info on here - worth contacting them, but am sure you can get change out of £375

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post

Got a bridge for sale too.....
    Ohh.. I've a couple of footbridges over the waterways on the NLUK estate but never had a proper bridge. I'm in!

Leave a comment:

• LHM
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think it was suityou01 - you could try PMing him?

Thanks..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X