• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why isn't there a law against fake/fraudulent jobs posted by agencies / clients?"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Surely seeing as its a 'Job Advertisement' then these people should be notified: https://www.asa.org.uk/

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Site that hijack a web search on item model number, but then say "This item is currently unavailable. We don't know when it will be available"

Yes Amazon, I'm looking at you!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
    Why isn't there a law against fake/fraudulent jobs posted by agencies / clients?
    Why are they above law?
    Why the law is not against this?
    Is there a law or isn't there? I'm confused.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
    and where have you seen that ?
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 6 episode 7

Leave a comment:

• jbond007
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    People who randomly break into Jazz Hands whilst walking down the street
    and where have you seen that ?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    People who randomly break into Jazz Hands whilst walking down the street

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I am surprised, that we have this situation in the best 1st world country like Britain.

Why isn't there a law against posting fake/fraudulent jobs that are posted by agencies / clients?
    Why are they above law?

I see that most (i.e. majority) of the jobs posted in various site like Jobserve are just fake jobs - they don;t exist at all!
    Many agencies have confirmed this to me directly face-to-face on phone calls
    Such a pathetic situation.

Why the law is not against this?

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    It probably is against the data protection act, procuring and storing information with false pretences etc. But the regulator is useless and never enforces really serious stuff so this minor stuff has no chance.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    It's potentially fraudulent. But why do you want a law? You could just not use sites that allow it.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    People that say....don't take this the wrong way, but......

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    So much for sockies not drawing attention to themselves...
    No kidding, if that one hasn't been blatantly obvious then frankly a guide dog is required.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    People who block the entire aisle with their trolleys whilst they chat to their mate.
    People who stop for no apparent reason in front of you.
    Massive hand luggage on flights. If it needs wheels it's not fcking hand luggage
    People who try to get on the train/in the lift before letting people out.

Bansturbate them all!
    People who sneeze loudly and wetly. [Perhaps not a word, but, you know]
    People who use the expression 'for my sins...'
    People who wear WELLIES in a city. When it's not even raining.

People. Kill 'em all.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    People who block the entire aisle with their trolleys whilst they chat to their mate.
    Massive hand luggage on flights. If it needs wheels it's not fcking hand luggage

Bansturbate them all!
    People cruising, too concerned with using their mobile on the move, who then look annoyed when they almost walk right into you.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Let down by the Tories again.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied

Bansturbate them all!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X