• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How much pocket money to give wife ?"

Collapse

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Get yourself out there then, all your going to pull on here is fat old balding guys(apart from myself and I'm straight).

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    I only have company accounts for 10 months.
    Anyone know a good provider that will touch me ?.

I have decided to give her some 70% of the equity . I cant be bothered looking 4 another property

The stupid thing is there is no way of knowing how much equity unless the property is sold.

Is there a way of finding out the closest sale value without actually selling the property ?. I dont trust estate agent valuation

ohh b4 i forget I am looking for a new girlfriend with no emmotional/drinking problems . honestly I am good looking , slim, got a decent brain, nice guy, .......

css

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    sounds like a blissfull arrangement

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike
    In answer to the question about who keeps joint accounts and who doesn't, I developed what I consider to be a very fair system for our joint finances;
    I recall I developed several very fair systems when I got married. They were only hypothetical, as she wasn't working yet, but I wanted us to agree ground rules for when she was. Or at least get acceptance that her cooking and cleaning were a contribution she owed rather than a favour she did if and when she felt like it. When I attempted to communicate my systems to my wife, she refused to participate in any such conversation. She pointed out that as she had moved in with me, and the mortgage and all the bills were in my name, leaving her with no obligations, the only result of such a conversation could be to leave her worse off, so why in the world did I she think she would be stupid enough to enter such a negotiation?

(Did I mention she qualified as a barrister?)

She's mellowed a little since then - three years ago, after seven years of marriage, she did start making a significant contribution. Even then, it was an arbitrary amount, determined by her with an eye on what she wanted to afford, and with hardly any reference to what our bills actually are. Still, it does work out at only a couple of hundred pounds a month less than I would have asked for. And if she does manage to get pregnant, I'll play her at her own game. My money is all tied up in the house, pension and investments that pay basic bills. So she's going to have to pay the whole cost of that project.

I've also told her I've stopped working so her savings can catch up with mine, so I won't lose out if we ever divorce. She laughed. She finds the idea of me trying to be as Machiavellian as her hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    Originally posted by kramer
    how come the woman can come after all your money if you divorce and have no kids and she works herself??

what are the rules??

I have never understood this.
    I think the law is taking literally that part of the marriage service that says something like "with all my worldly goods I thee endow." In other words, everything either of you own belongs equally to both of you, from that day forward. My question is: why hold the parties to this promise as part of a legal procedure for saying that another promise doesn't matter any more, the promise to stay together until death?

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    how come the woman can come after all your money if you divorce and have no kids and she works herself??

what are the rules??

I have never understood this.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by css_jay99
    That kniving bitch wants me to move out and get a place of my own. what is this world turning into. To makes things worse, she is a lawyer and now has patterns of my nest egg. god i am going to be screwed big time.

I wish I could just run away with my money.

Whats the best way to hide my money now we have decided to go our separate ways ?.

I wish her all the bad things in life if she wants to take me to cleaners. She wants my savings, pension, shares, business account and my house, Jeez !. maybe i should just go and fling all on the horses or give it to charity and start again

why do women always have to demand half your tulip. I tell you the law is just not fair on men !

I thought I felt strongly about trying to work things out but i now know All I want it to protect my money
    I'm trying to get half of my Soon to be Ex Wife's assets.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    hmmm, timely considering I've just been to court and got fleeced. I had to open the company books completely in court and justify many payments. The judge expects me to pay off all the debt incurred by my ex since our separation and has suggested I get a loan out to do it. At least we were tenants when we split up, thats one bonus.

My advice - get your next gig abroad and flick her the finger as you board the plane. Failing that, expense the hell out of the business now and put yourself on the bench for a while!!

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    That kniving bitch wants me to move out and get a place of my own. what is this world turning into. To makes things worse, she is a lawyer and now has patterns of my nest egg. god i am going to be screwed big time.

I wish I could just run away with my money.

Whats the best way to hide my money now we have decided to go our separate ways ?.

I wish her all the bad things in life if she wants to take me to cleaners. She wants my savings, pension, shares, business account and my house, Jeez !. maybe i should just go and fling all on the horses or give it to charity and start again

why do women always have to demand half your tulip. I tell you the law is just not fair on men !

I thought I felt strongly about trying to work things out but i now know All I want it to protect my money
    Last edited by css_jay99; 17 October 2006, 09:05.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Naturally I trust my missus and have no problem with a joint account. While she earns more than I do anyway!

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Sticky test....

Failed...

Talking of plums...where's Judge Fred got to?

Leave a comment:

• unixmerc
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    My 4 wifes pay me £1000 each so that I do not have to work.

threaded.
    And you spend that in spearmint rhino. What a div

No wonder all the clever Russians work in Russia

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by css_jay99
    What are the best hagouts in Portsmouth/southampton area especially during weekdays, Im not just talking about who serves the best drinks either but where the best girls are. it gets a bit lonely out here in B&B's.
    It may be a typo, but may not..

As both cities have Universities, I would just hang out with the students and see where they go. My brother-in-law is in his second year at Pompey, but doesn't like his sister's 35-yo husband hanging out with him too often. It cramps his style apparently. Doesn't stop driving up to pick up meals she's prepared for him during the week (she doesn't know I know ).

Leave a comment:

• G8_Summit
    replied
    HAGouts is about right for Portsmouth !!!

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    hyperD - yes I have been dumped, relationship over, finito !

Flubster - Unfortunately i'll be heading back to london Friday to sort out the future apart.
    Tiger Tiger seems a good Idea so maybe some other time within the week.

What are the best hagouts in Portsmouth/southampton area especially during weekdays, Im not just talking about who serves the best drinks either but where the best girls are. it gets a bit lonely out here in B&B's.

After a 13yr relationship (4yrs marriage), I am rusty and need to feel young again at 35

ooohh total calamity !

css_jay99

Leave a comment:

Working...
X