• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "8.3million people living in the UK were born abroad: Official figures shocking!"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    No immigrant Angles ?
    Comes under "etc"

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    If 8.3 million people out of 64 million people are classed as 'being born outside' of the UK, and 27% of their children are considered to be 'born in the UK', then for existing immigrants the number is 8.3 + 2.5 approx(10.8).

If you go back one, to those who are 2nd generation how many 3rd generation kids do they have etc.

So based on immigration, what is the proportion of

1st
    2nd
    3rd
    4th
    5th
    Picts
    Saxons etc

Just wondering what the true level is if you go 1-3, >3
    No immigrant Angles ?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Wicker man?!?

Illustration by a model, not shown to scale with real MF figure

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Not unless the locals decide he is best used as guest of honour on the annual roast human festival
    Wicker man?!?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    No as he will learnt how to make his stories more believable to the gullible and start doing even more 411 scams.
    Not unless the locals decide he is best used as guest of honour on the annual roast human festival

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    No.

But by the same token, allowing anybody and everybody here is not right either.
    Stop dishing out free tulip. Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    If 8.3 million people out of 64 million people are classed as 'being born outside' of the UK, and 27% of their children are considered to be 'born in the UK', then for existing immigrants the number is 8.3 + 2.5 approx(10.8).

If you go back one, to those who are 2nd generation how many 3rd generation kids do they have etc.

So based on immigration, what is the proportion of

1st
    2nd
    3rd
    4th
    5th
    Picts
    Saxons etc

Just wondering what the true level is if you go 1-3, >3
    You discover that god created the earth 6000 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I reckon stripping MF from his British Citizenship and kicking his fat arse to Nigeria where he belongs would be equivalent of removing around 100 foreigners, at least by weight.
    No as he will learnt how to make his stories more believable to the gullible and start doing even more 411 scams.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I reckon stripping MF from his British Citizenship and kicking his fat arse to Nigeria where he belongs would be equivalent of removing around 100 foreigners, at least by weight.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Was Enoch right?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    My Paternal gramps all Irish (Dublin) - which was part of UK then so what am I?
    A thick paddy.

But back to my rant. If we compared the makeup of the UK at the beginning of the 1970s to now, based on people/generations who were 'British' then, what would the make up of those families be now versus 'imports'. What has been natural growth, versus 40 years of imports.

Was Enoch right?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    My Paternal gramps all Irish (Dublin) - which was part of UK then so what am I?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    While we're at it, just watching the news on migration from Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq, can anyone tell me what the impact of Tony Blairs actualy foreign policy and warmongering is?
    +200% yield on dirty cheap BTL

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Dunno. My mother was born in India. Does that make me a 2nd generation immigrant?

All four grandparents were born in Scotland though, so 3rd generation I'm Scottish.

Still confused.
    Depends on what your father was, and whether your mother was actually British, but travelling in India.

While we're at it, just watching the news on migration from Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq, can anyone tell me what the impact of Tony Blairs actualy foreign policy and warmongering is?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    8.3m living in UK were born abroad, revealing scale of immigration to Britain | Daily Mail Online

Very interesting scare mongering article from the Daily Mail. 8.3 million people living in the UK now born aboard, 27% of new babies born are to immigrants.

Now what I thought was interesting was, this isn't right is it. If 8.3 Million people living in the UK where born aboard and have 27% of new babies, then's that
    's an extra 2.5 million odd. But they're not going to be 'born outside' they're born inside, so that's now 8.3 million born outside and 2.5 million (2nd generation).

When you look at London, it;s quite obvious that 80% are 'foreign'. And 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants are classed as 'British' but as we know in a lot of cases, have not integrated.

On that basis, what is the real number of 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and 5th Immigration. How many can class thenselves as true British?
    Good news for your fantasy BTL empire, eh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X