• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

8.3million people living in the UK were born abroad: Official figures shocking!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Paternal gramps all Irish (Dublin) - which was part of UK then so what am I?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      My Paternal gramps all Irish (Dublin) - which was part of UK then so what am I?
      A thick paddy.

But back to my rant. If we compared the makeup of the UK at the beginning of the 1970s to now, based on people/generations who were 'British' then, what would the make up of those families be now versus 'imports'. What has been natural growth, versus 40 years of imports.

Was Enoch right?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Was Enoch right?
        No.

But by the same token, allowing anybody and everybody here is not right either.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I reckon stripping MF from his British Citizenship and kicking his fat arse to Nigeria where he belongs would be equivalent of removing around 100 foreigners, at least by weight.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I reckon stripping MF from his British Citizenship and kicking his fat arse to Nigeria where he belongs would be equivalent of removing around 100 foreigners, at least by weight.
            No as he will learnt how to make his stories more believable to the gullible and start doing even more 411 scams.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              If 8.3 million people out of 64 million people are classed as 'being born outside' of the UK, and 27% of their children are considered to be 'born in the UK', then for existing immigrants the number is 8.3 + 2.5 approx(10.8).

If you go back one, to those who are 2nd generation how many 3rd generation kids do they have etc.

So based on immigration, what is the proportion of

1st
              2nd
              3rd
              4th
              5th
              Picts
              Saxons etc

Just wondering what the true level is if you go 1-3, >3
              You discover that god created the earth 6000 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                No.

Stop dishing out free tulip. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  No as he will learnt how to make his stories more believable to the gullible and start doing even more 411 scams.
                  Not unless the locals decide he is best used as guest of honour on the annual roast human festival

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Not unless the locals decide he is best used as guest of honour on the annual roast human festival
                    Wicker man?!?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Wicker man?!?

Illustration by a model, not shown to scale with real MF figure

Comment

Working...
                      X