• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "has anyone been caught sleeping at work"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Thats nothing

One of our guys used to see his girlfriend once a month, so on certain Mondays he was a little tired. (The Fridays before he was unmanageable due to the sap rising).

Anyway we piled boxes under his chair a bit like a modern Joan of Arc, he woke up when he smelt the match. (admittedly it was the 5th match.)

Another time we decorated him a bit like Braveheart with marker pens.

Repair shops filled with apprentices and bored engineers were so cruel.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by andy
    Thas so wrong of you to say that fish are the most intelligent
    Oh dear.
    And do learn proper English.

Leave a comment:

• wc2
    replied
    I found the comms engineer alseep in the main comms room - Called the other engineers - We tied the guys shoe laces together. Then rang his mobile from binhind some cabinets - Oh I wish they had phones with Video Camera's back then.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Thas so wrong of you to say that fish are the most intelligent

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    The only other animal ,who can sleep with its eyes open is fish.
    Indeed. Funny how evolution works, innit? Both the most intelligent and the least find the same coping mechanisms.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    In my student days I worked for Shell during my summer holidays. I went out on a really heavy night out. I got a lift to work early and as nobody was in the office had a kip in my bosses chair. Got caught when everybody came in.

At another place, after the christmas do, I got lost on the way home, but managed to find the offices. managed to get the security gaurd to let me in and slept at my desk. When people started arriving, in my still drunken state I thought it would be better if I slept under my desk.

Finally at another place, and after another Christmas do I had access to the server rooms. So I printed off a load of faults, took one of the keys and had a kip in there for a few hours. I woke up with pins and needles in both legs and freezing due to the air con.

Worked at a place where one person fell asleep in a meeting. The whole meeting got quieter and quieter as to not wake him.

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    I feel so sleepy after lunch zzzzzzzzz
    Not yet but give me half an hour at that might.. chang.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z zz zzz

Leave a comment:

• andy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    I have mastered the art of keeping my eyes open and nodding wisely during meetings while fast asleep. Just stop the nodding if you want a nap in front of a PC
    The only other animal ,who can sleep with its eyes open is fish.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I have mastered the art of keeping my eyes open and nodding wisely during meetings while fast asleep. Just stop the nodding if you want a nap in front of a PC

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I dozed off in an afternoon meeting on monday, right next to my PM. He must have noticed, don't think i snored or talked in my sleep though

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    yep, in my early 20's I was found a sleep and p*ssed in the executive toliet shower room after an xmas lunch. They had knocked on the locked door and didnt get a response, thinking someone had may be slipped and was unconsious they forced the door and found me a sleep. Luckily they were ok about it being xmas and such.

Leave a comment:

• andy
    started a topic has anyone been caught sleeping at work

has anyone been caught sleeping at work

I feel so sleepy after lunch zzzzzzzzz

Working...
X