• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Unboomed

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Unboomed"

Collapse

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Three times the cost, three times the documentation and process, half the work done because anything they didn't document is now a "change request" and requires 4 people to review and approve it before it's added to the bill as extras.

Fixed Price or Time & Materials?
    Better be T&M or the Accenture training on negotiation skills has gone downhill.
    If there's any money left on the table they've failed.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    Ahh.. Just found out the real reason for my early termination.

Accenture are in town.

Just been getting acquainted with Rajeev and co.
    Three times the cost, three times the documentation and process, half the work done because anything they didn't document is now a "change request" and requires 4 people to review and approve it before it's added to the bill as extras.

Fixed Price or Time & Materials?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Accenture are in town.

You could have pre-empted Accenture by informing your client that all they needed were a bunch of very colourful powerpoints and a huge skip load of bulltulip.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Accenture are in town.

Why Rajeev? Has Bob moved to Tata?

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Never understood those of you who take next to no leave. Got a couple of contractors here with me - one guy hasnt taken a day off in 3 years!

Nuts. I contract so I can afford to take time off to do nice things like holidays with my family.

Not interested in working myself into an early grave....
    I thought I was bad, having taken off an average of 10 days each year for the past 10 years. For me it was because I knew I was in a dying tech and it truly has dived to the point that I am now on my last ever contract for it - helping the client to remove and discard it!

I suppose if you're in a buoyant field then you know you can take time off and easily get another contract whenever you like.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Accenture are in town.
    Yeehaah, to the rescue.
    Hope there isn't anything technical involved.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied

Accenture are in town.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    It is called going off-sick
    EXACTLY. I'd rather take plenty of time off to prevent knackering myself out and wasting time off sick!

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Never understood those of you who take next to no leave. Got a couple of contractors here with me - one guy hasnt taken a day off in 3 years!

Nuts. I contract so I can afford to take time off to do nice things like holidays with my family.

It is called going off-sick

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    @Gumbo Robot - Welcome to the club

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    @Gumbo Robot - Welcome to the club

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I almost hope I do get tulip-canned so that I can do this. Phew I'm tired... one week's holiday a year for the last 12 years
    Well you are shagging two women at one go. One at work, one at home. Stop moaning

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    You didn't have to high five in the car park and other tulip like that did you?
    Ugh..*shiver*

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Ah, you remember.

Oddly enough I made the effort & they told me they were happy with me. Can't say I'll miss the extreme agile stuff.
    You didn't have to high five in the car park and other tulip like that did you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X