• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Crazy Terrorists

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Crazy Terrorists"

Collapse

• Mailman
    replied
    Apparently the guy had a dangerous weapon, a copy of the Koran, when he took over the plane shouting "dont make me use it, you seen what our brothers did in New York with one of these puppies!"

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I'm surprised people still hijack planes. People used to treat it as a minor inconvenience and let it happen: but now they've seen the World Trade Center and what they might be in for, I'd have expected the passengers to give any hijacker a proper kicking.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Looks like I was right: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5403976.stm

"But Turkish television later said one of the hijackers had converted to Christianity and was a conscientious objector, Reuters reports.

It said he had sent a letter to the Pope in late August, asking for his help to avoid compulsory military service in Turkey.

It quoted the letter as reading: "I am a Christian and I do not want to serve in a Muslim army."

Chico's religious BS strikes again.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Pope thing was a hoax. My guess is that the hijackers who asked for asylum will actually turn out to be good christians who suffered in the muslim country especially after recent Pope's message.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    That tiny minority again. They really get around.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    The passengers must have loved it:

Hijacker: "Don't worry, we're all Muslims and are just making a peaceful protest against the Pope. Everything will be fine once we hit the ground."

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Probably didn't have enough fuel to make it to Heathrow.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    He's mostly infalible so I'm sure he'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    started a topic Crazy Terrorists

Crazy Terrorists

A Turkish airliner flying from Tirana to Istanbul has been hijacked and flown to Brindisi in southern Italy in an apparent protest against the Pope.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5403976.stm

You have to wonder at the mentality of it. I don't want the pope to come to where I live so i'm going to hijack a plane and fly it to where he lives, that'll stop him.....

Working...
X