• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recruitment company in India."

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I did this once and they wanted to put me forward for a role at half my usual rate.
    Hmm, I once had that happen. They (STERIA France) didn't ask me first, they just went ahead an put me in at half my rate. The trouble was that I had just given another agent exclusivity at my usual rate. That didn't go well.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I did this once and they wanted to put me forward for a role at half my usual rate.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Not at all. I am happy to work with agents. I am happy to be taken on by a Tier 2 agent, on the grounds that the Tier 1 agent found the role and the Tier 2 agent found me, and we got together through the combined work of the two agents. But if the "Tier2(+?)" agent is in India, I find it less easy to swallow the idea that were it not for him I would never have found the contract.
    Obviously, you can find multi tiered arragments can lose you a role, if one of the tiers is too greedy.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Harsh
    Not at all. I am happy to work with agents. I am happy to be taken on by a Tier 2 agent, on the grounds that the Tier 1 agent found the role and the Tier 2 agent found me, and we got together through the combined work of the two agents. But if the "Tier2(+?)" agent is in India, I find it less easy to swallow the idea that were it not for him I would never have found the contract.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    I am out bobbing them with my rat run across the mediterranean
    Across to Syria?

CUK (I'm sure) would be happy to sponsor your one way ticket

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Unbelievably liberal of you DA since your lot are now getting Bobbed out as well
    I am out bobbing them with my rat run across the mediterranean

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Harsh
    Unbelievably liberal of you DA since your lot are now getting Bobbed out as well

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    If you are in the UK going for a UK-based role, then someone from an agency in a country far away is probably not so much an agent finding you a contract, as a parasite inserting himself in the chain, to your cost.
    Harsh

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    I refuse on principal to consider any role advertised by the mob across the ocean, would rather deal with Dodgy than a load of Bobs...
    You do know how to compliment a man

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Combination of factors, the tone of the email and low rate give it away, £300 a day in London FFS!
    Lots of jobs in London these days being advertised for not much more than that, unless it's banking and involves quants, derivatives, greeks and such like. Certainly on the MS side.

Rates have definitely been pushed down, and seeing a recent bulk email I received from a well known agency gives a possible why. Out of 600+ names (yep, they put them in cc not bcc!) to say mine was one of very few English sounding ones (10% at most), was a bit of a shock.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    ^ This. Nothing racist about it, but the rates and service and security aspect (please send a copy of bank statements, passport etc to secure this role) means they can FOAD.

This industry is ****ed as it is, without Bob agencies lowering rates and pissing off clients with terrible service.

PS. Can you imagain a Bob agency placing Suity to a client. Jeez what a combo....

Adapt or die you thick crustacean.

Leave a comment:

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Seen £150 PD, London, in what I do .
    I have been quoted £230 a day by an offshore consultant in India (Couldn't verify if they were a genuine rockstar or just a chancer though). That would equate to £1400 pd in the UK (taking PPP into account).

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    £300 a day in London FFS!
    Seen £150 PD, London, in what I do .

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
    That's a scam I have been worried about. Basically as far as possible I would prefer to send CV's to known agents or directly to clients.

Out of interest, how do you distinguish between the two?
    - Accents/Grammar/Names?
    - Company based abroad?
    Combination of factors, the tone of the email and low rate give it away, £300 a day in London FFS!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    ^ This. Nothing racist about it, but the rates and service and security aspect (please send a copy of bank statements, passport etc to secure this role) means they can FOAD.

This industry is ****ed as it is, without Bob agencies lowering rates and pissing off clients with terrible service.

PS. Can you imagain a Bob agency placing Suity to a client. Jeez what a combo....
    I believe that story has already been done. suity had a nervous breakdown from it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X