• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Leaving gift

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Leaving gift"

Collapse

• CloudWalker
    replied
    I get gifts / leaving cards sometimes, so a dozen krispy creams is the norm.

"Watch, I'll have them eating out of my hand. BAH WEEP GRA NA WEEP NINNY BONG!"
    Last edited by CloudWalker; 20 August 2015, 14:30.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    When a permie is used to 5 sugared donuts from morrisons for a pound, KK are seen as extravgent without breaking the bank, I am a rich contractor, but I am yorkshireman first!
    You are correct, of course.

I apologise if you end up at <My Previous Client Co> and KK don't cut it anymore, as their tastes have changed .

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    A bin tin of Roses goes down well as they last a bit longer. Dougnuts are cheap but it's a question of "the thought that counts", especially if the company doesn't like to treat their employees and this appears special.

I quite like the idea of ordering in pizza from the local Dominoes - nerds love pizza, right?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Yep, have done exactly the same myself.

Proper cakes, you can keep those Krispy Kreme things .
    When a permie is used to 5 sugared donuts from morrisons for a pound, KK are seen as extravgent without breaking the bank, I am a rich contractor, but I am yorkshireman first!

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Which he puts in his drawer and just as you leave you put a call in to site security about a member of staff having alcohol on site. Walk to your car whistling as the security scream past responding to a call they just had..

Like your style.
    A fellow BOFH fan.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    I always get a couple of fruit tarts from patisserie Paul. Top stuff and goes down a treat with the client staff.
    Yep, have done exactly the same myself.

Proper cakes, you can keep those Krispy Kreme things .

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    replied
    I always get a couple of fruit tarts from patisserie Paul. Top stuff and goes down a treat with the client staff.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Not sure it counts if you're permie, cos permies usually get paid below market rate peanuts but cream their pants over getting a cake on their birthday and think they're the luckiest sods alive

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    My first job (perm) I got given a food mixer, a first aid kit and a packet of condoms.
    Do you still have them?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    Hmm perhaps we should start a 'what's your greatest haul' thread for leaving a gig...
    My first job (perm) I got given a food mixer, a first aid kit and a packet of condoms.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Hmm perhaps we should start a 'what's your greatest haul' thread for leaving a gig...

Leave a comment:

• Elliegirl
    replied
    Depends on the team. They were a grisly bunch at the last place but the place before that I bought them loads of goodies from Marks and Sparks. And the Project leader got a bottle of expensive perfume because she was totally brilliant. After landing the contract I developed a chronic condition which required quite a few hospital visits before I got stabilized. She gave me the time and space I needed and I made sure I delivered.

I have also been the proud recipient of: 4 bottles of champers, one hamper, a number of free lunches at rather nice places and chocolates from Hotel Chocolat and Godiva. But don't tell anyone.

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    If you were any good, you wouldn't be leaving.

Just saying, like.
    True that, I could be enjoying the SDC life doing whatever they want for as long as their budget lasts, bashing HMRC whilst being employed with no fixed goal instead!

It's actually not too bad a gig, but project is almost finished, and I want some time off. Plus commuting to Swindon for a less than ideal rate, blergh!

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Leave a Tulip from Amsterdam on your bosses desk, he'll never forget you

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    Cool stuff, thanks for the advice - I shall buy two kit-kats, as there are 8 people on the team. That should be sufficient.

Half a finger each, since they'll be 2 finger ones, appropriate as that's also what the company will get as I walk out of the door backwards, stopping only to wee into the ornamental fountain.

I'll just get them a box of krispy kreme
    If you were any good, you wouldn't be leaving.

Just saying, like.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X