• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend Plans?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend Plans?"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Frimley Park Lodge tribute band Festival. Looking forward to seeing a whole generation of middle aged blokes and birds wearing tie die T's which are are too tight around the gut!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    TFA.

Tonight: getting tulip faced at the pub (GFP's kids are home for the weekend so I have a night off being the perfect partner)

Saturday: AM: dying. PM: Submit my application for that job I mentioned on here a few days ago.

Sunday: long walk then more beer

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Sat:

Off to the chilli festival where for the 3rd year in a row I'll try and acquire a taste for chilli beer and chilli chocolate and then resort back to some alcoholic fiery ginger beer. I'll also be stocking up on chilli oil called "the incinerator" if that stalls back again this year.

Sun:

Barbecue with friends

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Oh wow, I wish I lived at your place.

Trouble is I'd weigh about 30 stone within six months unless I did some serious exercise!
    If you do buy the egg, you'll put on a lot of weight in the first few months.

With the blog I gained about 3 or so kilos but thankfully they've shifted again.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by unixman View Post
    Like all single Mon-Fri contractors, the weekend will be beer, laundry, garden, beer and back to work.
    Amateur - you need a pot noodle and a webcam in there somewhere

Leave a comment:

• Mattski
    replied
    Thanks for asking!

Tonight: taking cat to the vet's for a final post-op checkup (she's fine, had some teeth pulled.)
    Tomorrow: washing the bike. Rugby. Beer.
    Sunday: visiting the wedding venue, less than 4 weeks to go now Jesus bloody Christ. That just hit me. Uhhh taking aMm for more pillion practice. Then evening meal here: Welcome to Shaam Nights

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Like all single Mon-Fri contractors, the weekend will be beer, laundry, garden, beer and back to work.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    TFA.

Quiet one tonight having just discovered Sherlock on Amazon Prime.

Sat: De-weeding and general garden pottering. Out for dinner.

Sun. Go and dump a ton of napalm on my Dad's patio. Hopefully a BBQ and a glass of wine in the garden.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    I will then drive onto the m4 and put my handbrake on. It took 2 hours to get home last Friday in near-stationary traffic. ..
    I'll be heading west on the M4, from the M25. I normally reach it at about 6:30pm but who knows what the traffic will be like.

When the M25 is rammed starting before the M40 anticlockwise, I take a detour via Amersham and Aylesbury and catch the M4 via the A420 from Oxford

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Thanks for asking.

I'm up north staying with the youngest member of the litter. I harboured ambitions of going to Crewe v Port Vale tomorrow but CAFC have done all they can to discourage me from attending. So a bit of DIY at the house, followed by dirty beers then curry. Working Sunday. Home Sunday night.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Tonight: Pizzas on the BBQ
    Tomorrow: Market, picking up some sour dough leaven from a friends bakery to try out, another BBQ of sorts
    Sunday: Possibly making chutney and developing a new recipe for the blog. Preparing for blog's first anniversary next week and oh, another bbq
    Oh wow, I wish I lived at your place.

Trouble is I'd weigh about 30 stone within six months unless I did some serious exercise!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Not much, actually working most of the time on contract A (or is it B, I know it isn't C) as my new server has been delivered so I need to build a system to deliver to a customer next week.
    Scrap that, just spoken to the BP I'm selling through and they've decided to do the build themselves. I'm just providing technical support...looks like boozer (Biergarten) instead

Leave a comment:

• TheLordDave
    replied
    Getting ready for my little uns first birthday party

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    After a stressful couple of days last weekend I'm quite looking forward to doing bugger all.

Though I really really need to get on with updating my c.v. and doing something about finding a job.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X