• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Wetherspoons options"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
    Sadly I cannot hack annything remotely fishy, but I do like surf and turf so may well have that as an occasional treat.

Basically trying to avoid anything fried or microwaved salt laden ready meal.

May well have an occasional burger though, but lay off that evil blue gloopy sauce with the ropey onion rings......
    Then you may want to try eating somewhere else in a wetherspoons as the vast majority of the food is straight from the freezer to the microwave.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    I find contracting away mon-fri actually works quite well fitness wise. The repeating pattern and lack of options means going to the gym in the evening is a good way to pass the time. Or a run. It is also easy to stick to a small breakfast and healthy lunch. Evening meal in a restaurant is tempting but since finding my cholesterol was high, a simple dinner in the rented room/flat does instead. No drink in the week but IPA blowout Friday night. Result = I am slim and fit as a fiddle.

payasyougym.com is your friend.
    Also using myfitnesspal app to track calories (mainly to help with the cholesterol, avoiding sat. fats)

Typical evening meal beans on toast, a fried egg, a lot of fruit and a few nuts. Or sarnies. Or a ready meal but only once a week.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Go out for a walk to your nearest supermarket, but a salad from there, eat it in your hotel room. Exercise + mildly healthier eating.

(tip: always carry a knife, fork & corkscrew in your luggage when you're working away from home)
    The corkscrew being for the mental health?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Subsidised client rates?

IR35 alert
    I see your IR35 alert and raise you a contractor surcharge.

Leave a comment:

• Nemesis
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Have you tried some of their aussie meals?
    What, Wetherspoons do kangaroo steaks?

They could do a good line in squirrel rotisserie maybe - that would be a good option....

Was McDonalds lunch today. Smokehouse burger. They lied, there was no smokehouse, and no meat smoker, it was just a plastic sauce. I feel conned.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I have been using Westherspoons a lot - however, am trying to stay relatively healthy.

I am having steaks, or chicken with salad, and jacket.

But, getting bored of having the same food 4 nights running. The other alternatives are ropey Indians where the chutney spoon is bound to have been licked.

Is there anything else removely healthy or safe to have from the wetherspoons menu?

Before I boil eggs in the Best Western kettle....
    Have you tried some of their aussie meals?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Guinness is in fact about the lowest calorie beer you'll find in most pubs. Approx 200-220 kcal / pint. A little lower than ales and a lot lower than lagers. Guinness really is the dieters' choice
    True that. It is food and beer together in a bottle!

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    When I was living away from home, I'd have main meal at the client site and in the evenings fresh fruit and cheese, maybe a bit of ham, picked up from a supermarket on the way to my hotel.
    Subsidised client rates?

IR35 alert

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    15 pints of Guinness.
    Guinness is in fact about the lowest calorie beer you'll find in most pubs. Approx 200-220 kcal / pint. A little lower than ales and a lot lower than lagers. Guinness really is the dieters' choice

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    sadly Wetherspoons have stopped BrewDog. I never actually got to taste Brewdog
    I buy BrewDog Punk IPA direct from their online store. It's very very good!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    This time next year, this will all be out of your taxed income
    Smart Price Pork Pie then.

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    I have been using Westherspoons a lot - however, am trying to stay relatively healthy.

I am having steaks, or chicken with salad, and jacket.

But, getting bored of having the same food 4 nights running. The other alternatives are ropey Indians where the chutney spoon is bound to have been licked.

Is there anything else removely healthy or safe to have from the wetherspoons menu?

Before I boil eggs in the Best Western kettle....
    This time next year, this will all be out of your taxed income

Leave a comment:

• Nemesis
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    What are you drinking with it?
    I had a Bengali Tiger sixpoint USA beer last night, sadly Wetherspoons have stopped BrewDog. I never actually got to taste Brewdog, so I feel that I have missed out on a creepy experience of life.

Home tonight though, so pan-fried slices of venison with a Catalan style salad for my meal and a nice bottle of Perpignan red

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Having seen a Weatherspoons kitchen my recommendation would be to get a chicken salad from McFilth

PS; Weatherspoons?? YANCOTBAC

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    What are you drinking with it?
    15 pints of Guinness.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X