• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Does your CV have a Bio?"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Um, the best they can do is make your sales literature good enough to get you an interview.

After that its up to you...
    Do I so rock at that

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    It was much the same as the January one to be fair. That said, the January one was very useful as well. I liked it so much I bought the product. Waiting times are quite high, so I will be on the ramps early to mid September but I see that as a good thing. Clearly they don't rush, and they are busy.

If they can fix my CV and get me gigged, then they can fix anything.
    Um, the best they can do is make your sales literature good enough to get you an interview.

After that its up to you...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    How was it? Anything useful?
    It was much the same as the January one to be fair. That said, the January one was very useful as well. I liked it so much I bought the product. Waiting times are quite high, so I will be on the ramps early to mid September but I see that as a good thing. Clearly they don't rush, and they are busy.

If they can fix my CV and get me gigged, then they can fix anything.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    The Suitster will be coming.
    How was it? Anything useful?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Eh? I don't recall him being sexist.
    He was only sexist to men...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I like russell and occassionally PM him.... Aussie was just a sexist waste of atoms .
    Eh? I don't recall him being sexist.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Was aussie better or worse than russel or kundr?
    I like russell and occassionally PM him.... Aussie was just a sexist waste of atoms .

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Was aussie better or worse than russel or kundr?

Leave a comment:

• browntractor
    replied
    No I just don't have ban hammer rights.... But the lack of denial means that you've made her job so much easier.....
    You lead from the back don't you! .. "Not the face, not the face!"

Images of Duncan Norvelle in an old Microsoft t-shirt and a pair of jesus sandals spring to mind.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by browntractor View Post
    You get ladies to do your dirty work for you?

You are a keyboard warrior!
    No I just don't have ban hammer rights.... But the lack of denial means that you've made her job so much easier.....

Leave a comment:

• browntractor
    replied
    Thanks for confirming who you are, Aussie... I'm sure cojak will be along with the permie ban-hammer soon...
    You get ladies to do your dirty work for you?

You are a keyboard warrior!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by browntractor View Post
    Calling people a "twat" at 07.22am! Hate and anger so early in the day?

Live and let live dude. Bad commute?
    Thanks for confirming who you are, Aussie... I'm sure cojak will be along with the permie ban-hammer soon...

Leave a comment:

• browntractor
    replied
    I thought it was more I am a twat - employ me if you hate everyone in that team (including yourself)..

It's interesting that he needs to take a alpha male approach. I guess the other parts of his life aren't going well
    Calling people a "twat" at 07.22am! Hate and anger so early in the day?

Live and let live dude. Bad commute?

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    I thought it was more I am a twat - employ me if you hate everyone in that team (including yourself)..

It's interesting that he needs to take a alpha male approach. I guess the other parts of his life aren't going well
    ...i.e. the average apprentice candidate

Leave a comment:

• browntractor
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    It sounds like you and Suity have different approaches to achieve a similar effect on any team.

At the end of both your stints at a client, the team are crushed and demoralised, and they all think you are both s
    When I inevitably rise and take over a team, the net effect is always positive. That is because I lead by example, and people respect that. I am not a Yes man, and I always deliver. Every client I've had, has invited me back. In fact, my last client was in "chopping contractors" mode recently and they still invited me back - "always a place for a good consultant".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X