• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Climate Catastrophe"

Collapse

• pjclarke
    replied
    https://youtu.be/Lf_CMw-docI

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Perhaps you should stick to your day job

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Climate Change Deniers Present Graphic Description Of What Earth Must Look Like For Them To Believe - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    yes pj, that's right. oscillations

in the meantime I have been trying to track down a good quote from the grand mufti of Uganda.

This is the closest I could get

“Here come de heap big warmy. Bigtime warmy warmy. Is big big hot. Plenty big warm burny hot. Hot! Hot hot! But now not hot. Not hot now. De hot come go, come go. Now Is Coldy Coldy. Is ice. Hot den cold. Frreeeezy ice til hot again. Den de rain. It faaaalllll. Make pasty.”
    Sean Thomas should stick to his day job.

Which is writing fiction.
    Last edited by pjclarke; 24 August 2015, 13:30.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    yes pj, that's right. oscillations

in the meantime I have been trying to track down a good quote from the grand mufti of Uganda.

This is the closest I could get

“Here come de heap big warmy. Bigtime warmy warmy. Is big big hot. Plenty big warm burny hot. Hot! Hot hot! But now not hot. Not hot now. De hot come go, come go. Now Is Coldy Coldy. Is ice. Hot den cold. Frreeeezy ice til hot again. Den de rain. It faaaalllll. Make pasty.”

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    I understand the definition of the word 'oscillation', also that both have been in negative or cool phase since the 1990s or earlier while the planet, not so much.
    ah so you don't...thought so, have a nice evening

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    So you don't understand the Pacific Decadal Oscillation or the Atlantic Multdecadal Oscillation.

Climate cycles..
    I understand the definition of the word 'oscillation', also that both have been in negative or cool phase since the 1990s or earlier while the planet, not so much.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    So you don't understand the Pacific Decadal Oscillation or the Atlantic Multdecadal Oscillation.

Climate cycles..

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    no need to post links or graphs pj

you have the Grand mufti of Uganda behind you

and that's good enough for me

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    'cool everywhere'

Wood for Trees: Interactive Graphs

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The US Forestry Service is spending $100 million a week fighting wildfires, the acreage burning being at a record high, California has declared a state of emergency due to the fires and record drought, now in its fourth year.

July temperatures in Australia were 0.41C above average, several locations setting new records for the month.

Global ice extent has plummeted, in line with its long term trend, arctic ice set a new low in March and is on track to be the third lowest minimum on record (as I predicted this is described as a recovery).

Cherries, dear boy. Try the big picture, most of the surface is ocean and the El Nino is still strengthening.

So you clearly don't understand the EL Nino Oscillation cycle.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    brrr....

http://icelandreview.com/news/2015/0...ng-cold-period

Climate cycles.....

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    There are thousands of thermometers in the oceans.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    As I pointed out, it's cool where we have the thermometers and massively hot where we have none.
    No one is arguing about that.

except the sattelites, obv. they are saying it's cool everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    It's starting to look like In North America they had the refusal of the great lakes ice to melt, In Europe we had a cold July, Asia - freezing, Arctic - ice up, Antarctic - ice up, Australia - dismal and cold, South America - colder than normal.
    But from a global point of view, it seems to have been very warm.
    The US Forestry Service is spending $100 million a week fighting wildfires, the acreage burning being at a record high, California has declared a state of emergency due to the fires and record drought, now in its fourth year.

July temperatures in Australia were 0.41C above average, several locations setting new records for the month.

Global ice extent has plummeted, in line with its long term trend, arctic ice set a new low in March and is on track to be the third lowest minimum on record (as I predicted this is described as a recovery).

Cherries, dear boy. Try the big picture, most of the surface is ocean and the El Nino is still strengthening.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X