• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: First Day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "First Day"

Collapse

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Find the nearest shag-house first.

Leave a comment:

• Mattski
    replied
    Don't punch anyone in the face. They don't like it.

Seriously though, as has been said, the links on the right are well worth reading.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
    LOL !!

I have already found the nearest subway :P can't be going in on the first day without a full tummy
    The Greggs £2 bacon roll (barm) and a coffee deal is hard to beat.

Leave a comment:

• eddie1507
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Open up Terminal, connect to a server, type 'tail -f /var/adm/messages' and stare at it nodding disapprovingly/approvingly at it every so often, install 'poo-timer', check out the totty, determine which trap in the bogs has the best wifi/3g connectivity, check if the toilet seat/bowl shape is suitable for wanking whilst sitting, check said bogs for 'Bob bogies' on the walls and footmarks combined with tulipt-stains on the seats.

Scope the newest boozer/Greggs/Subway/BrewDog, seek out a kindred spirit in the office and main with him/her/it, and that's it!

LOL !!

I have already found the nearest subway :P can't be going in on the first day without a full tummy

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Hi Guys,

It is my first day tomorrow at my contract never been contracting before, any tips before my first day ?
    Open up Terminal, connect to a server, type 'tail -f /var/adm/messages' and stare at it nodding disapprovingly/approvingly at it every so often, install 'poo-timer', check out the totty, determine which trap in the bogs has the best wifi/3g connectivity, check if the toilet seat/bowl shape is suitable for wanking whilst sitting, check said bogs for 'Bob bogies' on the walls and footmarks combined with tulipt-stains on the seats.

Scope the newest boozer/Greggs/Subway/BrewDog, seek out a kindred spirit in the office and main with him/her/it, and that's it!

Leave a comment:

• eddie1507
    replied
    WOW that's not good 7.5 % extra tax on dividends :@

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    don't take a single day off, and then take every penny yourCo has out on 5th April next year.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Summer Budget 2015 denounced as 'bad' for contractors :: Contractor UK

Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Hi Guys,

It is my first day tomorrow at my contract never been contracting before, any tips before my first day ?
    If you're in London, and were planning to get the tube to work, make sure you have a plan B....

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Hi Guys,

Befriend the receptionist and IT support, and you won't go far wrong.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Hi Guys,

Pro tip: Learn all you need to know at least 6 months before your first day. Sorry, you missed the boat.

Seriously, there are so many tips, you need to start at the links on the right and work your way through the whole lot

And good luck.

Leave a comment:

• eddie1507
    started a topic First Day

First Day

Hi Guys,

Working...
X