• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Imminent house price crash"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Oh God, things must be turning apocalyptic if AtW is back to gloat over an imminent house price crash!
    The end is nigh!!!

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Where is the talk of interest rate rises coming from - is that just AtW fear-mongering?
    In terms of the budget, probably from the OBR forecast, which was raised slightly (although remains tepid). It's probably worth a little less than the paper it isn't written on given the rate forecasts in the last 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'll take 50 quid for the lot, but I want it paid in drachmas.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So, the BTL is going to be hit, plus now imminent interest rate increases to follow, so more houses on the market sold by desperate BTLers like MF, innit?
    I'll take 50 quid for the lot, but I want it paid in euros.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    At the moment, the Fed is due to raise rates some time in the near future (I bet they won't or will only do so by a minuscule amount), and the BoE "hawks" are pushing for a rate rise some time in 2016. Even if they do raise it, I expect it to be very low. If anything, the MMR has taken the wind out of the sails of mortgages in the UK, more so than any interest rate hike would, given that market expectations re: future rate movements can diverge from where central banks hope to set them via sovereign debt purchases.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Where is the talk of interest rate rises coming from - is that just AtW fear-mongering?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Unless Eurozone melt down or a massive oil spike, I think you are right. There could be other unforeseen events, but generally a trigger i believe is needed to pop it.
    Say hello to China.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    That was my first thought.

Crash predicted since 2000. Low interest rates, increasing availability of credit, immigration and London property being the world default currency (did you really think it was the $?) will keep the Ponzi scheme going. Crash will come - but it will be at least 2020.
    Unless Eurozone melt down or a massive oil spike, I think you are right. There could be other unforeseen events, but generally a trigger i believe is needed to pop it.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    I thought you were going to tell us you had bought a place, AtW. If you have then the crash is definitely on
    That was my first thought.

Crash predicted since 2000. Low interest rates, increasing availability of credit, immigration and London property being the world default currency (did you really think it was the $?) will keep the Ponzi scheme going. Crash will come - but it will be at least 2020.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    Don't forget that high end London prices are going to fall anyway as the non-doms exit for pastures new
    Ah but if the Chinese stock market is turning to rat tulip, won't the richer sort there redouble their efforts to snap up investment property in the West?

(although arguably they'd be better waiting for the bottom if that is discernable and piling into stocks again.)

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Don't forget that high end London prices are going to fall anyway as the non-doms exit for pastures new

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    I thought you were going to tell us you had bought a place, AtW. If you have then the crash is definitely on

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Oh God, things must be turning apocalyptic if AtW is back to gloat over an imminent house price crash!
    I might buy a house soon. So the crash better hurry up!!!

Nearly 20 years of renting...

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Maybe not imminent; but with the Shanghi index tanking, combined with a Grexit, the global picture has some concerns. All of which could result in general fiscal tightening by banks. Restricting demand still further.

We all know its a bubble. And the trigger is at stage 1.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X