• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another Rich person will be found innocent due to having rich lawyers"

Collapse

• Lifelongontractor
    replied
    Interpol

Originally posted by centurian View Post
    But whatever the outcome, he's consigned to serving a life sentence of being in the UK - as that protection only applies while he is on UK-soil. No foreign trips without the fear of a US arrest warrant being served by Interpol.
    Is it your assertion that anyone can be arrested / extradited to the US by Interpol, at any time?

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    However, it's a smart move - by making sure he is prosecuted in the UK, he can't be extradited to another country for the same offence.

But whatever the outcome, he's consigned to serving a life sentence of being in the UK - as that protection only applies while he is on UK-soil. No foreign trips without the fear of a US arrest warrant being served by Interpol.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    I don't understand why he is worried about going to face justice in the US, I mean he is white.
    Still the wrong gender though.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

The judge in the Libor trial told jurors that Mr Hayes has been diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome, which means he tends to only see the world in black and white
    Good. Let's hope that when they sort his cell out he only gets a black and white TV.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    I don't understand why he is worried about going to face justice in the US, I mean he is white.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    I think I have that, only in the office I am described as 'Terse' and make people cry, so if this chap gets away with it I should orchestrate something and get away with it?
    If you work in IT, just look around the office.

Probably a double digit percentage of those around you will likely be on the fringes of the HFA (High Functioning Autism) and/or AS (Asperger's Syndrome) spectrum.

Pretty sure a few of the people I work directly with - are well onto the HFA/AS spectrum.

I wouldn't rule myself out being one of them - can't be arsed to be tested - what's the point - there's no treatment/cure - it doesn't affect my quality of life, even if it may define my life.

But I haven't felt the need to hack US military computers or fiddle financial rates.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Oh dear, more PPPs.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Well if the poor can't get decent representation or can't afford to go to go to court to get the justice they deserve you could argue that implication is true.
    Wait until its all privatised

Legal aid cuts: solicitors and probation officers begin mass walkouts | Law | The Guardian

BT set to win contract to collect court fines, in damaging privatisation deal | Speak Up For Justice

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    I think I have that, only in the office I am described as 'Terse' and make people cry, so if this chap gets away with it I should orchestrate something and get away with it?
    If this chap gets away with it I think you should go and "talk" to him! Be as terse as you like....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    You seem to imply that the rich can buy justice.....
    Well if the poor can't get decent representation or can't afford to go to go to court to get the justice they deserve you could argue that implication is true.

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Asperger’s syndrome, which means he tends to only see the world in black and white.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    You seem to imply that the rich can buy justice.....

I mean how can you say that - when Bernie Ecclestone was done for taking and giving bribes.

He was bought to justice and clearly it worked as he was allowed to go for an out of court settlement.

SO he did not bribe anyone he just bought his way out of trouble,

See that's perfectly fair.

Leave a comment:

• Another Rich person will be found innocent due to having rich lawyers

Hayes says he offered to plead guilty to avoid US extradition - Telegraph

The judge in the Libor trial told jurors that Mr Hayes has been diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome, which means he tends to only see the world in black and white

Lucky he stole so much money he can afford good lawyers and good doctors.

Working...
X