• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If they want to join ISIS let them go"

Collapse

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Highly unlikely you see there are no benefits offices in Syria so how would they be able to collect the money they have 'earned'.

Also probably no free childcare so they would have to look after their own children rather than sitting in the pub while the government paid for their kids to be at nursery.

Ahhh sorry no pubs either.

No do not think Syria has that much appeal for the standard labour voter.

No tax credits either and no "working" 16 hours per week and pocketing thousands in cash, no popping out children year after year so make more money. No pen pushing public sector jobs either. Nope, standard labour voter might not be interested, he is better off in Glasgow or Manchester.

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    You have to feel sorry for the old fella and his wife, not to mention the baby. Apparently they thought they would be coming back to the UK after a holiday in Bangladesh.

It's a pity the "elders" don't seem to be able to control the younger ones and prevent them going. But then, nobody in the Luton community where this family lived seems to know anything. Even at the mosque where the elder chap visited several times a day. The Imam knows nothing of his movements. The two sons who are still in the UK - their elderly/infirm father goes missing but they don't ask any questions for a month, seemingly. It is all rather hard to believe, isn't it?

I guess if they want to go to Syria, there isn't really much alternative to letting them go. I am not sure how the law deals with 5th columnists. It would be more effective to work on the "communities" here and get them to control their own, instead of turning a blind eye.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
    Cojak

I know I am just a mere insignificant EBT'er but what was the difference in these posts? More for future reference so that I know how to stay under the radar.
    A reasonable request.

I disliked the rabble-rousing 'chuck 'em out' tone to your post which threw in council house hogging and benefit scroungers for good measure. It looked to me one step away from being an EDL rallying point.

DA presented Riddle's pov, which I don't believe was as imflamatory and would allow debate, which it did as it gave eek a chance to respond with an insightful article http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2112850 (which I think tallies with Nicky Morgan's recent comments about homophobia).

So, keep emotional flag waving rhetoric out of the debate and allow all sides to air their views without turning it into an unedifying poo-slinging spectacle.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    If it was really that easy to radicalise the low IQ, surely ever Labour voter would be fleeing to Syria
    Highly unlikely you see there are no benefits offices in Syria so how would they be able to collect the money they have 'earned'.

Also probably no free childcare so they would have to look after their own children rather than sitting in the pub while the government paid for their kids to be at nursery.

Ahhh sorry no pubs either.

No do not think Syria has that much appeal for the standard labour voter.

Leave a comment:

• MercladUK
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    To be fair it's blindingly obvious that ID is a sockie that he's come up with to protect the main ID from being outed as a scheme user. The name is blatantly a feeble parody of a couple of regular posters.

As to the OP, I tend to agree, if they feel that life is better there and that the UK society is repugnant then people who feel that way are better off elsewhere, there should be a consequence of course that returning to the repellent UK isn't possible.
    Sir I am not about to get into a childish slanging match with you of the like "youre a sockie" - " no I am not" - "Yes you are " - " no I am not".

but please carry on with your one man "everyone's a sockie paranoia "

sigh

Leave a comment:

• MercladUK
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And if MercladUK complains that I banned him for the same post, no I didn't actually.
    Cojak

I know I am just a mere insignificant EBT'er but what was the difference in these posts? More for future reference so that I know how to stay under the radar.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    You closed MercladUK's thread on the same subject PDQ.
    Why would such a thread be closed?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    While I despise salafism and extremism, part of me feels sorry for the thick morons at a human level. Those that are not stupid and inherently evil it is good to get rid of but we need to stop feeding this us and them narrative which is radicalising the low IQ'd as well as the nut job.
    If it was really that easy to radicalise the low IQ, surely ever Labour voter would be fleeing to Syria

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Let's all agree that them taking their grievances to Syria is better than them taking it out on UK citizens. Even the Lebanese fighters defending their country from IS asked all the Lebanese salafi extremists to come and battle it out in Syria rather than drag Lebanon into it.

Having said that, there are some religiously uneducated fools who have been brainwashed while being marginalised by the media. They are angry and ignorant about religion. They are fed a narrative of an "Islamic Utopia" which is nothing of the sort.

While I despise salafism and extremism, part of me feels sorry for the thick morons at a human level. Those that are not stupid and inherently evil it is good to get rid of but we need to stop feeding this us and them narrative which is radicalising the low IQ'd as well as the nut job.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Well it keeps people on their toes.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Just blame the hopeless inconsistent modding.
    FTFY.

The choice was somewhat unnecessary.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Yes I did. I didn't want the thread to descend into flag waving for the EDL.

Or you can just blame the hopeless inconsistent modding.

The choice, as they say, is yours.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    And if MercladUK complains that I banned him for the same post, no I didn't actually.
    To be fair it's blindingly obvious that ID is a sockie that he's come up with to protect the main ID from being outed as a scheme user. The name is blatantly a feeble parody of a couple of regular posters.

As to the OP, I tend to agree, if they feel that life is better there and that the UK society is repugnant then people who feel that way are better off elsewhere, there should be a consequence of course that returning to the repellent UK isn't possible.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I must say, that family of 12 from Luton will add a real edge to the fighting capabilities of ISIS. The old boy was a 75-year old diabetic and his 50+ something wife has cancer. I wonder what sort of Health provision ISIS operate for their senior citizens? Maybe we have some form of exchange scheme going whereby we can send them the funds to pay for the treatment?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X