• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ladies - I need your help"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I could pop round then
    should put her off for life then.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    My daughter will be 40 soon.

I want to get her a decent pressie and I have a gold sov in a little frame with some nice italic writing from her daddy, but it doesn't seem enough.

when youse gets to 40, what would you appreciate most ??
    Have you thought about asking her?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    Buy her an experience. Stuff from shops is naff.
    I could pop round then

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    My sister hates a spa weekend. She would like a go-karting voucher!
    Yes, that'd be my idea of hell frankly.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I only went to one once - it was after we cycled from Reading to Bath, and we were soaked and covered in mud. I'd fallen off (cleat mishap) and had a large painful bruise and graze down my thigh. I changed into the lovely white robe they gave me, and lifted my panniers into the locker only to find the front of the robe was now covered in mud. We spent a couple of hours in the pools and steam rooms, which was pleasant enough, but can't really see the point of a pool you can't swim in. Steam rooms were too hot (I guess that's the point). The 'no petting' rule in most pools didn't appear to apply - couples getting amorous all over the place. The meal and glass of wine was nice though. I'd go back if one of my friends was having an 'occasion', but I wouldn't be overly thrilled if it was bought as a present for me. But my mates love it, so maybe I was just in the wrong frame of mind.
    Are you sure you were not at a swinging party?

I do remember the Centreparcs Elvedon spa. Supposed to be quiet area. Everyone talking. MrsBP even saw a couple arguing.

I asked reception why they did not enforce the no talking rule. They offered me another day for free. I pointed out it was stressful and left.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    BGG got me an Ipad last year: did not really want anything: has she got any hobbies or interests?
    Got Mrs V a Kindle she does most of her ebaying & iplayer on it.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    BGG got me an Ipad last year: did not really want anything: has she got any hobbies or interests?
    That's a delicious age love

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    I only went to one once - it was after we cycled from Reading to Bath, and we were soaked and covered in mud. I'd fallen off (cleat mishap) and had a large painful bruise and graze down my thigh. I changed into the lovely white robe they gave me, and lifted my panniers into the locker only to find the front of the robe was now covered in mud. We spent a couple of hours in the pools and steam rooms, which was pleasant enough, but can't really see the point of a pool you can't swim in. Steam rooms were too hot (I guess that's the point). The 'no petting' rule in most pools didn't appear to apply - couples getting amorous all over the place. The meal and glass of wine was nice though. I'd go back if one of my friends was having an 'occasion', but I wouldn't be overly thrilled if it was bought as a present for me. But my mates love it, so maybe I was just in the wrong frame of mind.
    Did you also get a massage with a happy ending from a Greek/Turkish guy?

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yes but she will value £9k a year now more than £4.5K a year after the taxman has been at it.

My father puts a load of dosh in children funds for the little ones, as he points out we don't need it but the kids will need it for Uni etc.
    An old colleague came from a long line of Drs and Dentists ie loaded. He was gifted his child benefit from his childhood to help him out with his new baby.

Its quite standard for the parents to cover/contribute school fees also. Longer term this may be of more value than a tube up your bum

take that for free!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

I think she would value my wisdom and jokes more than 9k a year
    yes but she will value £9k a year now more than £4.5K a year after the taxman has been at it.

My father puts a load of dosh in children funds for the little ones, as he points out we don't need it but the kids will need it for Uni etc.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    Buy her an experience. Stuff from shops is naff.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Or a self select Maxi Isa for the year... depends on her circumstances.

If you are an old f@rt, start gifting your cash toher via an account, is it 7 or 9k p.a?

I think she would value my wisdom and jokes more than 9k a year

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    yep. that's already done.

I am liking the mortgage assistance idea.
    Or a self select Maxi Isa for the year... depends on her circumstances.

If you are an old f@rt, start gifting your cash toher via an account, is it 7 or 9k p.a?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    And if you are lucky they stick a plastic tube up your bum to present to you all the tulip you eat and you get to go home with a flat tum
    how much does that cost again ?

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    And if you are lucky they stick a plastic tube up your bum to present to you all the tulip you eat and you get to go home with a flat tum

Leave a comment:

Working...
X