• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why no one takes any notice of climate change zealots"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    I guess it's not unheard of for agents to not get the point.
    Remember Janet and John is about as much as we are capable of understanding.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I am not driven by envy but I do like to point out hypocrisy. talking of turning things round you seem to be trying hard to wriggle out of the corner you have just painted yourself into
    I guess it's not unheard of for agents to not get the point.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    No, but starting threads on a topical pretext just so you can invariably turn them around at the earliest opportunity to have a go at your pet hates (which incidentally typically has nothing to do with the thread your started) is pretty transparent.

I guess you hate these over paid contractors because you believe they should make no more than 10p/day whilst you rake in the other 399.90p.

Most people dislike their threads being taken off topic. It seems that your only reason for starting any thread is so that you can take it off topic. Why not just be honest and start 'I hate contractor threads' daily.
    I am not driven by envy but I do like to point out hypocrisy. talking of turning things round you seem to be trying hard to wriggle out of the corner you have just painted yourself into

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Why no one takes any notice of climate change zealots
    You take notice of them. You're always talking about them and their claims.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    hundreds of billions poured by both governments and some private firms into the CAGW hypothesis

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

So before making a point everyone should declare their interest? Have you thought of applying for a job in Brussels?
    No, but starting threads on a topical pretext just so you can invariably turn them around at the earliest opportunity to have a go at your pet hates (which incidentally typically has nothing to do with the thread your started) is pretty transparent.

I guess you hate these over paid contractors because you believe they should make no more than 10p/day whilst you rake in the other 399.90p.

Most people dislike their threads being taken off topic. It seems that your only reason for starting any thread is so that you can take it off topic. Why not just be honest and start 'I hate contractor threads' daily.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    It can be a cause for further scrutiny but I wouldn't say it invalidates anything in and of itself.

That said, whilst much is made of oil firms and the studies they finance, much less is made of the hundreds of billions poured by both governments and some private firms into the CAGW hypothesis, be it via studies, subsidies, overt propaganda etc
    'can usually' does not mean 'always without further corroboration'

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    No, it can usually be invalidated once you find out who is paying for it or the basis on which they achieved their funding.
    It can be a cause for further scrutiny but I wouldn't say it invalidates anything in and of itself.

That said, whilst much is made of oil firms and the studies they finance, much less is made of the hundreds of billions poured by both governments and some private firms into the CAGW hypothesis, be it via studies, subsidies, overt propaganda etc
    Last edited by Zero Liability; 25 June 2015, 11:12.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    We know you cut is 30%, ..
    If only

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    So before making a point everyone should declare their interest? Have you thought of applying for a job in Brussels?
    We know you cut is 30%, but what is your interest?

And we all know about those dodgy websites you visit.....

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    No, it means that if you want to continually whine about the hand that feeds you, you should be upfront about it and not obfuscate it by starting threads about climate change.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    To be fair, it's always good when people declare an interest. It allows you to take their biases into account, or even exclude them from any decision making . It's the people who don't realise they are biased who are the real worry, the delusional, the zealot and the fanatics.
    "Owlhoot liked this post"

I wonder what pj thinks of that
    "Owlhoot wasn't so sure about that dig"

(Would have clicked the thumbs up icon, but felt an unconditional "like" wasn't appropriate.)

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied
    Does that mean contractors who earn lots of money by virtue of being free to tout themselves to the highest bidder in the EU should not have an opinion on whether the UK should remain part of the EU?
    No, it means that if you want to continually whine about the hand that feeds you, you should be upfront about it and not obfuscate it by starting threads about climate change.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    No, it can usually be invalidated once you find out who is paying for it or the basis on which they achieved their funding.
    Does that mean contractors who earn lots of money by virtue of being free to tout themselves to the highest bidder in the EU should not have an opinion on whether the UK should remain part of the EU?

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by zeitghost
    FTFY.
    I thought it was here already with Broon, but he didn't last long. Broon and bust!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X