• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Role of the day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Role of the day"

Collapse

• Pherlopolus
    replied
    Not in Coventry thanks...

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
    I would assume all inclusive would include buffet meals, snacks, soft drinks and local alcoholic drinks, perhaps the odd excursion too?
    And a shag?

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    My guess it's including VAT.

Awful way to try and hook an inexperienced contractor.
    It would have to be for inexperienced contractors, as the gross rate they're then offering me is generally less than 3/4 of my net rate.

Leave a comment:

• Pherlopolus
    replied
    I would assume all inclusive would include buffet meals, snacks, soft drinks and local alcoholic drinks, perhaps the odd excursion too?

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    I've had a few calls from the various consultancies and they always mention that the rate is "all inclusive". I never bother finding out what they mean by that - whether they're trying to say it's including VAT, or that they won't pay expenses, or what.
    My guess it's including VAT.

Awful way to try and hook an inexperienced contractor.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Either you are confusing me for:

- Sutiy or
    - your wife (Her weekly rate for working at Winston's of Leeds).
    Not confused. You strike me as a low grade, technical support bod with delusions of grandeur. 80 quid a day is pretty good for you.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Four times your daily rate, you interested?
    Either you are confusing me for:

- Sutiy or
    - your wife (Her weekly rate for working at Winston's of Leeds).

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Bob sounding agent. Does any know if this is a bob agency?

Which "prestigious client" in coventry pays 350-400 pounds for that Job spec?
    Four times your daily rate, you interested?

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    A TPM who does config and development? Can anyone else smell "visa application"?

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Which "prestigious client" in coventry pays 350-400 pounds for that Job spec?
    The client's name is actually in the job description....

Ø Takes overall responsibility for the management of the Technical SAP change & release within the SAP systems at STW.
    Severn Trent Water.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Which "prestigious client" in coventry pays 350-400 pounds a day for that Job spec?
    Indeed. For Coventry it should be around 350-400 a month...

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    I've had a few calls from the various consultancies and they always mention that the rate is "all inclusive". I never bother finding out what they mean by that - whether they're trying to say it's including VAT, or that they won't pay expenses, or what.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Without a doubt...
    You think I should have suggested posting it on immigrationboards?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Jaguar Land Rover Tata would be my guess....
    Ah the fecking Tatas

Anyway, replied that rate and spec are balls apart and wished them all the very best to find someone (Non-bob, Non-Naturalised, Non-ILRed) who will look forward to this role.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Jaguar Land Rover Tata would be my guess....
    Without a doubt...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X