• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "technically to good for the role"

Collapse

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Oh come on! Your average tech-mahindra ICT at least knows the difference between "there", "their" and "they're".

A quick message to the OP, "too" is a word you may like to become more familiar with.

Its another sockie actually. I think I know who is the master, the classic sockie attributes are in full display.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I call this absolute ******* bollocks. And if it wasn't and they picked you they still don't know.
    whatever

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Went for permie interview once. At end they said, "Look we'll be honest, we dont want to pay that much so we cant offer you anything but we thought we'd interview you to see what was out there anyway".

I was not happy.
    I call this absolute ******* bollocks. And if it wasn't and they picked you they still don't know.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Went for permie interview once. At end they said, "Look we'll be honest, we dont want to pay that much so we cant offer you anything but we thought we'd interview you to see what was out there anyway".

I was not happy.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
    Probably what has happened tbf or even cheaper .. It does all seem very strange still .. As for what I do it's a small community I have added one of the guys on linked in the techy guy considering sending him a message I do have a strong feeling the agent has stuffed me lol
    I think you mislaid a "(" and a ")", a couple of ",", and at least one ".".

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Will keep you posted dude, my spider sense is telling me something is not right on this one.
    maximise your profits
    minimise you costs

Leave a comment:

• eddie1507
    replied
    Will keep you posted dude, my spider sense is telling me something is not right on this one.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I've sent an email to the end client as I definitely think the agent is sticking me on a more junior developer for cheaper ... But pushed to get me in as I have an email trail from the client from someone else in the agency saying how much they want to interview me .... Fishyy will keep you posted
    yep
    keep us posted.

its always a good idea to keep an eye on whats going on

that involves the vets telling the newbies the old stories
    the newbies telling the vets the new realities

so keep it coming

Leave a comment:

• eddie1507
    replied
    Don't have a hissy fit because it is not grammatically correct. Relax bruddda

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    clueless.com lol!

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Oh come on! Your average tech-mahindra ICT at least knows the difference between "there", "their" and "they're".

A quick message to the OP, "too" is a word you may like to become more familiar with.
    These were my first thoughts.

They wanted someone who can spell.

Leave a comment:

• eddie1507
    replied
    I've sent an email to the end client as I definitely think the agent is sticking me on a more junior developer for cheaper ... But pushed to get me in as I have an email trail from the client from someone else in the agency saying how much they want to interview me .... Fishyy will keep you posted

Leave a comment:

• eddie1507
    replied
    Probably what has happened tbf or even cheaper .. It does all seem very strange still .. As for what I do it's a small community I have added one of the guys on linked in the techy guy considering sending him a message I do have a strong feeling the agent has stuffed me lol

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Strange one for you guys.

Had a telephone interview on Friday for a position for a charity, interview went really well and answered all the questions put forward on a technical basis.

Anyway called the agent today and he said "They really liked you and thought you had excellent technical skills but choose someone with less technical skills as you might be too advanced for the business"

Any of you guys experienced this or is the agent telling me a porkie pie ??

youngsters of today, eh ?

Agent sends two candidates to the interview. Tells one it's 300 pd, the more senior guy 350
    client selects the senior guy
    agent tells the client the senior guy is prevaricating but the junior guy will do it for 25 quid less
    client says ok, but do try to get the senior guy.
    junior guy takes a 30 quid hit and gets the role.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    code for 'we want to pay less than your rate, so we'll take someone cheaper'
    Or that you have a personality disorder

Leave a comment:

Working...
X