• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who else is billing today?"

Collapse

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
    Not got it yet ... If it did say double I'd be in every bank holiday lol
    Mines double

In fact, this time last year I was pulled into a somewhat chaotic go live and billed 26 hours of double time and 12 hours of 1.5x time over the weekend.

That was a good invoice, but pretty grim work.

Leave a comment:

• eddie1507
    replied
    Not got it yet ... If it did say double I'd be in every bank holiday lol

Leave a comment:

• TheCoconutDog
    replied
    I spose putting the rate down as double would be frowned upon lol
    What does the contract say ?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Learn something new everyday
    Client doesn't specifiy where/when you work : you work where/when it suits you.

ClientB accepts that I fit their ad-hoc work round my 'day job', so billing weekend/bank hols is the norm.

Leave a comment:

• eddie1507
    replied
    I spose putting the rate down as double would be frowned upon lol

Leave a comment:

• eddie1507
    replied
    Learn something new everyday

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Can you work on bank holidays then ? Can the company refuse to pay you for it ?
    There's nothing to stop anyone working and being paid for working on a bank holiday, so long as the client agrees to pay of course. Working without agreement would be especially dim.

Leave a comment:

• eddie1507
    replied
    Can you work on bank holidays then ? Can the company refuse to pay you for it ?

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    WFH and billing a full day hence I am posting on here alot.

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    I am, no complaints. I'll take my time off when I want to and when the places I want to go aren't crowded with the masses who march to the government's and their employers' timetable.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I am, but like you it's to make up for time spent, in my case a Go-Live weekend 2 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    A bit, WFH...

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    started a topic Who else is billing today?

Who else is billing today?

I'd normally complain, but it's making up for two lost billing days in the week

Working...
X