• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: AIBU ...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "AIBU ..."

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    ... to feel just a tad miffed that the checkout woman in Sainsbury's NEVER asks me to prove I'm over 25.
    Show them this photo

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post2088475

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I just chain the child up outside before I go in to get my cargo.

Also all the booze shops in Scotland are challenge 25 so people who look under 25 must provide ID.

The SNP and their newly formed Police Scotland are a civil liberties nightmare. Enough to drive you to drink I tell you.

EDIT: the challenge 25 site seems to still have a photo of the bold Nicola from before the 'makeover' http://www.challenge25.org/background.html I'm surprised the webmaster has not been 'disappeared' yet.
    Last edited by minestrone; 16 May 2015, 17:28.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    IIRC one of the supermarkets refused to serve a 73 year old because he had no proof of age.

It was very probably in the Wail.
    In bonny Jockland, Tesco refused to sell my cousin beer because he had a minor (his daughter) with him.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCoconutDog View Post
    I can't cope with self-serve tills. For some reason they manage to boil my pish in about 10 seconds flat.
    That'll be the infrared waves from the scanner.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Self service tills with voice recognition - that's what we need!
    Gawd no, then some nanny state type would install an insult spotting programme and have it reporting us for abuse.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You are allowed to shout at them "yes I have just f**king bagged it".

HTH

Self service tills with voice recognition - that's what we need!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCoconutDog View Post
    I can't cope with self-serve tills. For some reason they manage to boil my pish in about 10 seconds flat.
    You are allowed to shout at them "yes I have just f**king bagged it".

HTH

Leave a comment:

• TheCoconutDog
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Thats because you use a checkout woman. Try a man...

Personally I use the self serve these days. Though I wonder how much gets nicked...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    ... to feel just a tad miffed that the checkout woman in Sainsbury's NEVER asks me to prove I'm over 25.
    Thats because you use a checkout woman. Try a man...

Personally I use the self serve these days. Though I wonder how much gets nicked...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
    My eldest did this once, he asked a customer if she could prove she was over 25. She thanked him for thinking she was so young - she was actually 33!
    Yes, a very elderly train conductor asked me if I had a young person's railcard. I snogged him right there on the spot.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Oh please, who are you trying to kid.

I aspire to be that lady!

Leave a comment:

• Acme Thunderer
    replied
    My eldest did this once, he asked a customer if she could prove she was over 25. She thanked him for thinking she was so young - she was actually 33!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Oh please, who are you trying to kid.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Sainsbury's | What is your THINK 25 policy?

What is your THINK 25 policy?

As a responsible retailer, it's really important to us that age restricted products don't end up in the hands of those underage. We're not only legally obliged to do this, but also recognise the importance of this as part of our company value to make a positive difference to our communities.

We also recognise how difficult it can be for our colleagues to judge the age of someone in their mid-late teens or early twenties. Someone who looks 18 could easily be 16, likewise they could easily be 20 or 22. It's less likely however, that they'll be 25. For this reason, we ask all colleagues to check the age of anyone buying restricted products who they believe to be under 25.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Over 25? Why 25, is that their age thingummy?
    I think it's a safety net - if you look over 25, you're likely to be over 21.

Edit: Haven't a clue - why 21? It would be 18. I was buying 16 paracetamol - not sure what nefarious activities a 17 year old could get up to with them...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X