• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Casual sexism

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Casual sexism"

Collapse

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    True, but it works.
    No, it's not (and it does work).

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Not true. My sales of sledges never went up that time I did a publicity shot of me on one in a mankini.
    Maybe not, but the sales of harpoons soared.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    True, but it works.
    Not true. My sales of sledges never went up that time I did a publicity shot of me on one in a mankini.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    "Treating people as sex objects by using their bodies to sell bus tickets is disgraceful"
    True, but it works.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Was anyone disappointed when they bought a bus ticket and found out the lady wasn't part of the deal?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
    "I felt like we had an obligation to call this company out on the commodification of a woman’s body, and the trivialisation of prostitution.", Hana Johnson

NAT-group were clever with this campaign - half the adverts were hunk versions to counter FemNazi statements like this
    "Treating people as sex objects by using their bodies to sell bus tickets is disgraceful"

Leave a comment:

• SunnyInHades
    replied
    "I felt like we had an obligation to call this company out on the commodification of a woman’s body, and the trivialisation of prostitution.", Hana Johnson

NAT-group were clever with this campaign - half the adverts were hunk versions to counter FemNazi statements like this

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Fecking brilliant!
    I think it was your picture they called offence to.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Fecking brilliant!

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Bus company pulls topless 'ride me' adverts after outcry | Media | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    lets hope she stays, Labour won't get in again.

Does mean Boris for PM next time.
    Unless of course Millipede joins the Tories

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Harriet Harman temporary Leader of Labour

lets hope she stays, Labour won't get in again.

Does mean Boris for PM next time.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Harriet Harman temporary Leader of Labour

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    You need to stand behind, placing your left hand on her left shoulder while pointing to the button with your right hand and leaning right over (taking a peek down her top on the way) so you're all up in her space.

Bitches love that.
    Depends on what she wears innit?

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    You need to stand behind, placing your left hand on her left shoulder while pointing to the button with your right hand and leaning right over (taking a peek down her top on the way) so you're all up in her space.

Bitches love that.
    Almost

You need to stand behind, placing your left hand on her left shoulder, right hand on right shoulder and find the button on her back with your pointing stick

Leave a comment:

Working...
X