• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So who on CUK is voting Tory?"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    You are like some kind of cartoon character don't belive the hype..

George Osborne Skewered By Kay Burley On Deficit Failure*-*
    When Kay Burley is winning the interview, that's not a good sign.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You Could use your brain

Economy bust under labour
    NHS - North Staffs
    Immigration
    Social services - Rotherham

I am not sure where labour wins other than on envy and class war
    You are like some kind of cartoon character don't belive the hype..

George Osborne Skewered By Kay Burley On Deficit Failure*-*

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    I voted Conservative last week.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Should I vote Conservative?

Leave a comment:

• Willapp
    replied
    Frankly I'm amazed that anyone is considering voting Labour given the havoc they wreaked last time around. Even my Dad who has always been a staunch Labour man all his life has sworn he'd never vote red again.

Luckily (depending on your point of view) I live in a Conservative dominated area anyway but I'll be voting blue as I think this country is in a far better position than it was 5 years ago, and I honestly doubt any of the other parties could have done better given the starting point we came from.

It saddens me to think we could end up with a Labour/SNP/Green coalition as I can really see things going down the s**tter then.

Leave a comment:

• Dominic Connor
    replied
    If we were going to get a Labour government, that would make sense...

Maybe Labour won't screw up the City, could be true, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.

We're not going to get a Labour government, the polls say we're going to get a Labour/Green/SNP government.

The SNP want to screw things up so that the rest of us are happy to see them go and so messing with the City by taxes and mad regulation suits them perfectly. They can use the taxes to buy votes and any damage to the English economy is good for them because if they get independence a poorer England will make them look better. The last thing they want is for rump UK to outgrow them.

Since UKIP will get (at most 3 or 4 seats), they simply aren't relevant to Tory policy and aren't that different from it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• MercladUK
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I actually find it reassuring there are hordes of greedy bankers in the City, because they're _our_ greedy bankers.

Don't forget, there are also plenty of greedy bankers in other countries, who would be only too willing and eager to steal our lunch if they could.

And if that happened, where would your precious vulnerable be then? In an even worse pickle.
    Its not all about the finance sector, and quite a lot of those 'bankers' probably do not pay taxes to UK PLC.

But yes our finance sector generates great wealth and investment and will continue to do so under a Labour government.

I am not really sure what your point is/was?

These 'bankers' are more likely to move if we were to exit the EU.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    remember I am an illiterate agent
    We don't have to remember. Your posts always remind us

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
    shame on you all..

voting for a party that makes the most vulnerable in our society pay for the bankers greed.

you really have lost your sense of fairness. ...
    I actually find it reassuring there are hordes of greedy bankers in the City, because they're _our_ greedy bankers.

Don't forget, there are also plenty of greedy bankers in other countries, who would be only too willing and eager to steal our lunch if they could.

And if that happened, where would your precious vulnerable be then? In an even worse pickle.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I suggest you Google the difference between Theresa May (my spelling) and Teresa May (your spelling) - they have quite different occupations.

I'd have thought that a like you would have known that, though.
    remember I am an illiterate agent

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I suggest you google it. you will find that your friends F**ked it up before she arrived
    I suggest you Google the difference between Theresa May (my spelling) and Teresa May (your spelling) - they have quite different occupations.

I'd have thought that a like you would have known that, though.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    If they're going to put Teresa May in charge, then it's no wonder it's f**ked up...
    I suggest you google it. you will find that your friends F**ked it up before she arrived

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Don't go for a Please, MF - why don't you go and enjoy a quiet walk in the woods whatever you do
    FTFY
    Last edited by TheFaQQer; 6 May 2015, 12:02.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I dont think the Tories are strong on immigration. The border force agency (or whatever it is called) was part of the dysfunctional set of public services that Teresa may inherited
    If they're going to put Teresa May in charge, then it's no wonder it's f**ked up...

Leave a comment:

• MercladUK
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Who gives a flip about fairness? Most of us left that infantile nonsense behind in primary school.

What matters is prosperity for the country - In the long run that's the best way to ensure the optimum, as far as possible, for everyone.
    And here is the perfect example of a brainwashed conservative voter

lets hope your future path is always the optimum road, otherwise who will care?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X