• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The faff about Death penalty ...."

Collapse

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    What a bunch of racist bastards !

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Both the Australian citizens do not seem to be "australian".
    Probably got made citizens after going through the immigration points scheme that Ukip bang on about

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    He is as Australian as the 2 people who were shot but the implication was that people of Asian extraction are seem less Australian that someone of European extraction.
    Isn't that less racist, as it implies they're less likely to be related to criminals than if they were more Australian

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What have the details of this case got to do with the comments I quoted?
    "Smuggle these drugs and risk getting caught and shot, or I'll shoot you. Tell anyone, and I'll shoot your family".
    Chan and Sukumaran were the organisers of the deal they were caught for. They instigated, planned and gave instructions to the others. The others, by the way, who were not sentenced to death. Generally the death sentence is given to those who lead the plots, with prison sentences given to others involved, especially if they can show mitigating circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    What have the details of this case got to do with the comments I quoted?

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    I didn't say everyone. But it's pretty common so pointing out they were stupid comments was worthwhile.

Much of the time, the people making the real money aren't the ones handling the drugs, let alone travelling with them.
    Have you read any details of this case, and who these people were, in terms of their roles in the drug trade?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    Yes, yes. Everyone involved in the drugs trade is forced into it. No-one does it for the money.
    I didn't say everyone. But it's pretty common so pointing out they were stupid comments was worthwhile.

Much of the time, the people making the real money aren't the ones handling the drugs, let alone travelling with them.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    He is as Australian as the 2 people who were shot but the implication was that people of Asian extraction are seem less Australian that someone of European extraction.
    Right. So you weren't confused and thought that that Welsh woman, Julia Gillard, was still their prime minister then?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    Tony Abbot doesn't seem to be Australian?

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    except the ones you execute?

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    "Smuggle these drugs and risk getting caught and shot, or I'll shoot you. Tell anyone, and I'll shoot your family".
    Yes, yes. Everyone involved in the drugs trade is forced into it. No-one does it for the money.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Neither does the Prime Minister for that matter.
    Tony Abbot doesn't seem to be Australian?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Both the Australian citizens do not seem to be "australian".
    Neither does the Prime Minister for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    There doesn't seem to be a shortage of people willing to risk death to try to smuggle drugs.
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    True, but if the Indonesians catch them at it there will be less, which arguably is no bad thing

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    As opposed to what?
    Chopping their heads off?
    Injecting them with toxic drugs in front of a specially invited audience?
    Well those are painless.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X