• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can we just rename the site to ContractorUKIP and be done with it?"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    OK Fair enough

I did not know what it was I was wrong
    WTF ?? Admin, can you let DA know some apologetic lefty has hacked his account

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I take it from your reply that you have no idea what the Small Business Bonus is ? You've just dismissed it as not business friendly and you have no idea what it is, you thick 10% leaching c**t. Do you want to know what it is ? Probably not, because it doesn't suit your argument.

Lets forget that the Indy manifesto which contained a 3p corporation tax cut which CAMERON described during a debate as 'bad for business'.
    OK Fair enough

I did not know what it was I was wrong

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    After the tories were going on about abolishing IR35, I'm taking any business friendly promises with a bucket of salt
    Wasn't that the LDs? Or both? Maybe a question to ask either of them when they come knocking for your vote.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    The best election poster so far seen...

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    No, it hasn't changed. SNP are good for small business.

SNP launch manifesto to help business thrive | Scottish National Party

SEEK TO ENSURE SMALL BUSINESSES ARE PAID ON TIME. Small business face an increasing volume of late payments. We will seek to put prompt payment into law for small businesses and push any UK Government to meet payment deadlines.

CONTINUE THE SMALL BUSINESS BONUS. We will continue the Small Business through the next Scottish Parliament, making Scotland the most competitive location for business in the UK.

MAKE THE CASE FOR A TARGETED APPROACH TO BUSINESS TAXATION WITH TARGETED CHANGES TO TAX ALLOWANCES. A long-term competitive advantage would be created for our economy by using targeted changes in tax allowances
    As are Labour. Looking forward to our together.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    C'mon lighten up...

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    There is nothing business friendly about this at all. Payment terms are very hard to enforce and they wont bother. the tax system needs to be simplified not made more complicated. With all their spending plans the economy will plunge itself further into debt which in itself will ruin business. If they were brave they would would slash corporation tax and rates. This is all weasel words designed to fool idiots like you who are wealthy and think that the SNP are your friends
    I take it from your reply that you have no idea what the Small Business Bonus is ? You've just dismissed it as not business friendly and you have no idea what it is, you thick 10% leaching c**t. Do you want to know what it is ? Probably not, because it doesn't suit your argument.

Lets forget that the Indy manifesto which contained a 3p corporation tax cut which CAMERON described during a debate as 'bad for business'.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    Here's what I was referring to:

What the political parties plan for contractors :: Contractor UK

Labour noticeably absent. 3 of them quite positive. 2 fairly bleh.

That said, it's all promises, in some cases very vague. However, in an SNP/Labour arrangement it's quite obvious it'll be union-backed Labour that'll be the worse of the two.
    After the tories were going on about abolishing IR35, I'm taking any business friendly promises with a bucket of salt

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Here's what I was referring to:

What the political parties plan for contractors :: Contractor UK

Labour noticeably absent. 3 of them quite positive. 2 fairly bleh.

That said, it's all promises, in some cases very vague. However, in an SNP/Labour arrangement it's quite obvious it'll be union-backed Labour that'll be the worse of the two.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post

SEEK TO ENSURE SMALL BUSINESSES ARE PAID ON TIME. Small business face an increasing volume of late payments. We will seek to put prompt payment into law for small businesses and push any UK Government to meet payment deadlines.

CONTINUE THE SMALL BUSINESS BONUS. We will continue the Small Business through the next Scottish Parliament, making Scotland the most competitive location for business in the UK.

MAKE THE CASE FOR A TARGETED APPROACH TO BUSINESS TAXATION WITH TARGETED CHANGES TO TAX ALLOWANCES. A long-term competitive advantage would be created for our economy by using targeted changes in tax allowances
    There is nothing business friendly about this at all. Payment terms are very hard to enforce and they wont bother. the tax system needs to be simplified not made more complicated. With all their spending plans the economy will plunge itself further into debt which in itself will ruin business. If they were brave they would would slash corporation tax and rates. This is all weasel words designed to fool idiots like you who are wealthy and think that the SNP are your friends

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    I've seen little from the SNP to suggest that. I may not particularly like them, but they don't seem as hostile to it as Labour. Or has that changed?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Isn't it.

Leave a comment:

• Avalonia
    replied
    dull as well

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Avalonia View Post