• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Labour wants taxpayers 'to foot the bill for party's cash shortfall'"

Collapse

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Hazel Blears ay. A parasite and a completely useless bureaucrat of the 1st order if ever there was.

How surprising [not] she should come out asking for even more 'no strings' free handouts from the tax payer.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Andyw
    Would we have telephone governing ? like telephone banking ?
    Yes, and it would be outsourced to India.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Would this be available to all political parties or just the ones which NL approve of?

I wouldn't want any of my tax money going to new labour in the same way that a muslim would not want to fund the BNP

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Andyw
    Yes but the difference being that the Governing Bank in power would be telephoning you rather than vice versa.

Just to make sure you are happy.

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    And if a national emergency arose on Saturday afternoon it would have to wait until 9PM Monday
    Crises ? What Crises ?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    And if a national emergency arose on Saturday afternoon it would have to wait until 9PM Monday

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    regime

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    I have long argued that the UK political system is outmoded and in need of regieme change.

The current policical partys ie Labour Conservative etc should be abolished and replaced by the major Banks, so one would vote for Barclays TSB Royal Bank of Scotland etc

Each banks manifesto would be identical save slight differences in macro economic policy ie setting of interest rates etc

The funding of the banks naturally comes from their vast operating profits and if need be,customer accounts.

Thus we would have a genuine secular moneteraist soceity, the Bankers would be the new high priests and their flock the consumers whom have the democratic freedom of electing ulimtately the same cartel of fianancers to rule over them all under the illusion of democracy.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 22 September 2006, 08:55.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If people who vote for the party are not prepared to support it financially then tough - that party is not fit for Govt.

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I have a better idea - during General Election people who vote will also have opportunity to put some cash into a box for any party they fancy, most likely the party they voted for. This money will be the only funds available to that party until next election.

couldnt win an election on that !!!!! c'mon ! it takes at least 40 million to fund an election campaign !

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I have a better idea - during General Election people who vote will also have opportunity to put some cash into a box for any party they fancy, most likely the party they voted for. This money will be the only funds available to that party until next election.

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    I personally have no problem at all about funding parties consistent with their worth to society. Let's see, I had a bit of loose change here somewhere.

Wouldnt you feel better donating that to a charity ?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I personally have no problem at all about funding parties consistent with their worth to society. Let's see, I had a bit of loose change here somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    Suprised we dont already ! although we fund every other activity of theirs !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X