• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Are you voting?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are you voting?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    You stay on CUK despite it being safe to assault you here by calling you a grade A idiot without recourse from the mods

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I've not missed an election (local, European or general) held since I could vote.

My theory being that if you don't express an opinion when it might matter, you forfeit the right to express an opinion any other time. My in-laws never vote because they don't know enough to vote one way or the other - but they never moan about how things are run because they accept that they had the chance to influence and did nothing with it.
    Alternatively you have no right to complain about the outcome of a process you lend your moral sanction to.

I, on the other hand, ask for nothing more than to be left alone. I have every right to complain when molested by people like yourself who choose to vote among yourselves on how best to violate my right to not be assaulted, while calling it 'democracy' instead of 'assault'.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Most certainly not.

I couldn't in good conscience lend my sanction to the idea that a man may vote away another man's freedom - as if consensus has some perverted power to make violent thuggery equal civilised interactions.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by Euler View Post
    The country provides the opportunities.
    To seize them you need that work ethic thing.
    You didn't build that!
    -- some ****.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    If you are an IT contractor you are either rich or "fu**ing stupid"
    I'm not an IT contractor any more. I just come on here for amusement

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    cretins with 4 or 5 children ...
    I think that's a tautology.

Leave a comment:

• Euler
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A real go-getter makes their own opportunities
    Exactly. There are quite a few very rich Somali pirates.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Both of which are better than being a pimp

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Lib Dem seat here, blokes a good constituency MP, Labour are targeting his seat and are up to their usual tricks, negative campaigning etc. I will be voting for him just to keep that useless lot out.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Why do you think I'm rich? You don't know my personal circumstances.

Assuming makes an ass out of you and me.
    No it doesn't. It makes an ass out of you and ming.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    So like he said - a dangerous assumption that he's rich Lots of poor people on CUK - tax dodgers who HMRC caught up with, divorcees, etc.
    And cretins with 4 or 5 children ...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    So like he said - a dangerous assumption that he's rich Lots of poor people on CUK - tax dodgers who HMRC caught up with, divorcees, etc.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Why do you think I'm rich? You don't know my personal circumstances.

Assuming makes an ass out of you and me.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    A real go-getter makes their own opportunities

Leave a comment:

• Euler
    replied
    The country (state) made him rich? Surely through his solid work ethic and self-motivation he made himself rich. You big leftie
    The country provides the opportunities.
    To seize them you need that work ethic thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X