• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Boomed (droehnte)

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boomed (droehnte)"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Boomed (droehnte)

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Nah, just kidding you but they do change them all the time, I keep getting caught out, bastards
    Verruckt x
    Last edited by suityou01; 3 April 2015, 20:46.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Wirklich?
    Nah, just kidding you but they do change them all the time, I keep getting caught out, bastards

Leave a comment:

• LancelotBarre
    replied
    Congratulations my good man.

The wurst is yet to come.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Maybe I should tell you about the new tax laws that the Finanzamt have just put out, they change from year to year....
    Wirklich?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    My Client is a UK registered consultancy.
    Maybe I should tell you about the new tax laws that the Finanzamt have just put out, they change from year to year....

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied

:nazi::nazi::nazi:

PS - Thank you

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Danke schoen :

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied

Congrats Herr Suity!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I love you guys

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    In which case everything is fine, and I would say you could probably do that indefinitely because you're returning to the UK every weekend, I don't think you need to count the days.

gr8 stuff

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    WBBS

I don't know where people get the idea that just because we have freedom of movement within the EU you don't need to pay tax locally for six months...

This plus the lack of clarity as to whether a one-man Ltd effectively moves it's tax presence to the new State and should be also taxed there from day one puts me off working in this way in the EU.

I turned a blind eye when I did 151 days in Ireland, but even now I'm looking over my shoulder!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    183 days being closely monitored Darmy. It's surprisingly hard to click up when your only there 20 days a month.

Then again I'm still not clear if this is every 12 months or every tax year (jan-dec)
    They count from the time you come in to when you leave the fact that you spend weekends in Germany doesn't stop the clock ticking.

If you arrive in Germany on January 1st then you are taxable on worldwide income in July. However if because you have a family in the UK and you return every weekend you will probably remain non-resident indefinitely.

Even if you are there less than 6 months they still want tax, because non-residents are taxable on German income, i.e. 183 days is not really the criteria that determine your residency because you return to the UK every weekend.

Most people think you only pay tax where you're resident. This is not true, you pay tax where the income comes from. So you work in France for three months you pay tax for three months there. You work in Germany for two months, you pay tax there. But you're UK resident you declare it in the UK and they credit the tax you pay. That's the rule. There are exceptions such as if the client is a UK based company and you are paid by them (not the agency) i.e. a UK registered client.

You'll probably get away with it, but do be aware that contractors are prosecuted if caught using their Ltd's in Germany without registering them even for less than 6 months.

We've had quite a few posts in Legal on this.

My advice would be see a German accountant and straighten your affairs out, at least he can check on taxability and try and get it exempt.

...and congratulations
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 3 April 2015, 13:06.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    183 days being closely monitored Darmy. It's surprisingly hard to click up when your only there 20 days a month.

Then again I'm still not clear if this is every 12 months or every tax year (jan-dec)
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...m-p85-nhs.html

HTH, NLUK

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Taken in a friendly way

However in most situations, particularly if a double taxation avoidance treaty exists between your country of work and your home country, you will not have to pay tax on the same income twice

Leave a comment:

Working...
X