• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Looks like little Richard Hammond might be dead"

Collapse

• supremepods
    replied
    Originally posted by brentmeister
    I bet if he was Black, Muslim, a Lesbian or Irish (or all five for that matter) you would'nt say that

No, you wouldn't be allowed to.

It's all madness gone bonkers in the nut if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• Jesus
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Yes.

But new tyres are relatively cheap & remoulds are still crap, even if they are better than they used to be (which ain't saying much).

Worryingly, lots of lorry tyres are remoulds as is clearly demonstrated on the sides of our motorways...
    Yes you can always spot them, dry tyre walls in the rain

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy
    Richard Hammond is an absolute tooser. He is arrogant and his driving is hopeless, he thinks that putting his foot down is advanced driving but he is hopeless at vehicle control. He was probably trying to do a handbrake turn in the jet car.
    Would you care to explain how you came to this outstanding conclusion

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Well whatever you say about him he seems to have made a reasonable amount of money for Yorkshire Air Ambulance by nearly killing himself.

http://www.justgiving.com/phrichardhammond

Good luck to him I say and hope he gets better.

Leave a comment:

• brentmeister
    replied
    Richard Hammond is an absolute tooser. He is arrogant and his driving is hopeless, he thinks that putting his foot down is advanced driving but he is hopeless at vehicle control. He was probably trying to do a handbrake turn in the jet car.
    I bet if he was Black, Muslim, a Lesbian or Irish (or all five for that matter) you would'nt say that

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Well you're just a wonderfull human being arn't you.

Leave a comment:

• brentmeister
    replied

Is he taller than you?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Goodyear F1's for me
    what ? on a Micra ?

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Goodyear F1's for me

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    Originally posted by Jesus
    Can you still buy remoulds, some tight barsteward on here must know?

Ardesco ?

Leave a comment:

• Jesus
    replied
    Can you still buy remoulds, some tight barsteward on here must know?

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    Well the reports say that one of the tyres blew. Bearing that in mind I don't think any driver could have kept it on the road. A tyre going at 300MPH = crash no matter how good you are behind the wheel.

They were told not to use remoulds !

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Well the reports say that one of the tyres blew. Bearing that in mind I don't think any driver could have kept it on the road. A tyre going at 300MPH = crash no matter how good you are behind the wheel.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Originally Posted by Churchill
    What sort of training did he have to enable him to drive a car like that?

Personal tuition from Threaded."

Except when threaded is driving, due to his considerable bulk it has the perfomance similar to an early and badly maintained Mini Metro. Put a small bloke in it and look what happens.

"final speed is in direct proportion to the size of your balls and ability to control your fear"

and the ability of the car to stay on all 4 wheels is an important factor also.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X