• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "ipse CC elections - nominations open 9th April"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    18 will enter. Only 13 will leave.

Voting starts on the 28th.

Good luck, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    There's also the logistical challenge of preparing the information packs - which can't be done until they know who the candidates are - then getting them printed and sent out to the 22,000 members. Leaving it to the web-based process wouldn't guarantee everyone sees the information. (OK, nor does paper but there's less excuse...)
    Who are these strange people who don't spend every waking minute online?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    In all seriousness though - I'd have thought that anyone on Cuk who has read much of what you and faqqer have posted over the years (in the serious forums only obviously) would have a pretty good idea of what you're about and would therefore give either/both of you their vote by default anyway.
    If anyone has any questions, then I'm happy to answer them - either here, by PM or on the IPSE forums (which is where they really should be asked).

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Do I understand correctly that you can't vote until 28-April? Why the delay between finalising candidates and being able to vote?
    There is a thriving election forum over there, where mudskipper and I have answered the questions put to us so far (OK - I know I still need to respond to a couple...)

I'd like to think that people will take the opportunity to find out a bit more about the people that are standing before ticking the box - but I know that I've been guilty of not doing that in the past and relying solely on forum activity and the candidate statement to make my opinion

(edit - that first bit was slightly tongue in cheek. Two other candidates have also posted a couple of times)

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    There's also the logistical challenge of preparing the information packs - which can't be done until they know who the candidates are - then getting them printed and sent out to the 22,000 members. Leaving it to the web-based process wouldn't guarantee everyone sees the information. (OK, nor does paper but there's less excuse...)

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Have you seen the cost of postage on Special Brew? Turn up to CUK drinkies and I'll buy you a pint!

I believe it is to give the candidates time to engage with the electorate, and for the electorate to interrogate the candidates - probably best done over there rather than here though.
    https://community.ipse.co.uk/forums/...ction-2015.91/

Happy to discuss my thoughts via PM (there or here) if anyone doesn't want to go public with their questions.

My vote goes to whoever gives the correct answer to the Columbian hostages conundrum so probably best discussed here :-)

In all seriousness though - I'd have thought that anyone on Cuk who has read much of what you and faqqer have posted over the years (in the serious forums only obviously) would have a pretty good idea of what you're about and would therefore give either/both of you their vote by default anyway.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    To give the candidates, especially the two on here, time to put their bribery plans into action. Six cans of Special Brew will do it for me by the way.
    Have you seen the cost of postage on Special Brew? Turn up to CUK drinkies and I'll buy you a pint!

I believe it is to give the candidates time to engage with the electorate, and for the electorate to interrogate the candidates - probably best done over there rather than here though.
    https://community.ipse.co.uk/forums/...ction-2015.91/

Happy to discuss my thoughts via PM (there or here) if anyone doesn't want to go public with their questions.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Do I understand correctly that you can't vote until 28-April? Why the delay between finalising candidates and being able to vote?
    To give the candidates, especially the two on here, time to put their bribery plans into action. Six cans of Special Brew will do it for me by the way.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    14 candidates. We have an election! (Don't say that in china)

May the best woman win!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Up to 9 candidates now

I'd hope to get more candidates than vacancies, just to have some kind of mandate rather than walking in unopposed.

I'd also like to see some people other than the CC question the candidates about what they think - since some of them aren't forum regulars (or even members) though, I doubt there will be much debate.
    14 candidates. We have an election! (Don't say that in china)

May the best woman win!
    Last edited by mudskipper; 16 April 2015, 06:52.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    A few more hats have been thrown in to the ring.
    Up to 9 candidates now

I'd hope to get more candidates than vacancies, just to have some kind of mandate rather than walking in unopposed.

I'd also like to see some people other than the CC question the candidates about what they think - since some of them aren't forum regulars (or even members) though, I doubt there will be much debate.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I think I'd be in real trouble if I was judged on my posts here!
    +1

That's why I changed my IPSE user name

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    I think most of us would!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    BTW, it would be helpful to me to be able to identify people standing for election on this forum, so I can see their attitude to different issues - however, I guess that is down to them to decide whether they want to make that link between "real person" vs CUK personality. As it goes, I can look up what they've said on the IPSE forums if that's their "official" position vs the general messing about that goes on here.
    There's two of us so far - ms and myself. If you have a look in the elections forum on the IPSE site, there is a specific question from tarbera to the both of us.

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    don't feel I have enough knowledge or experience as yet to make a positive contribution. Maybe next time, who knows?
    I think you'd be surprised about what contribution you could make - I've always been the same, until this year. But this year, I have something to say. With so many vacancies this year, the danger is that if there aren't enough candidates that the size of the CC shrinks a lot more - and given that this is the pool from which the board of directors is predominantly drawn, I don't think that's a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X