• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blood bath in the city"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Ah. Got it.

Easier?
    That's tight you're back to being a permie so hand to hand back your waiterose card

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    TL;DR
    Ah. Got it.

Easier?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    TL;DR

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Change it to "a Walter Mitty-esque poster of over inflated self worth" and I'll accept it

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    This is why I love being a disguised permie, Banking sector crashing? Move to public sector. Public Sector slashed? Move to Tech companies etc etc. We are like the slag who goes for the guy doing the best and will dump them as soon as they look like becoming a loser.
    FTFY for accuracy.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    It's not a good definition is it.

"Coined in 1867. Compound of blood and bath, the latter used to refer in the metaphorical sense to a deluge of a thing."

How about Dickhead.

"Coined in 2015 by Marillionfan a Poster of great regard on CUK. Compound of Dick and head, used to refer to a poster called SimonMac offering no value whatsoever."
    Change it to "a Walter Mitty-esque poster of over inflated self worth" and I'll accept it

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You must be bad at googling

bloodbath - Wiktionary

search bloodbath etymology and it was the first result, let me know if you need to know what etymology means
    It's not a good definition is it.

"Coined in 1867. Compound of blood and bath, the latter used to refer in the metaphorical sense to a deluge of a thing."

How about Dickhead.

"Coined in 2015 by Marillionfan a Poster of great regard on CUK an Internet forum of onanists & MF. Compound of Dick and head, used to refer to a poster called SimonMac offering no value whatsoever."

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    So you couldn't find it either then? :-)
    You must be bad at googling

bloodbath - Wiktionary

search bloodbath etymology and it was the first result, let me know if you need to know what etymology means

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    What's the origin of the word bloodbath?
    Agamemnon?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I must admit I thought this saga was over and things in finance were looking better, well apart from the Lloyds yet another 10% cut. Looks like RBS is exiting investment banking completely.

RBS to slash 14,000 investment banking jobs: FT 03.03.2015 | Nachricht | finanzen.net
    These job losses are offset by 14,000 Romanians arriving everyday boosting the UK economy....

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    This is why I love being a contractor, Banking sector crashing? Move to public sector. Public Sector slashed? Move to Tech companies etc etc. We are like the slag who goes for the guy doing the best and will dump them as soon as they look like becoming a loser.
    lol

Yes Mr Unix.
    That's exactly what I am doing.
    I have just come out of the public sector after 4 years and now playing about the the cool newish stuff.

Follow the budget

Bristol is surprisingly for Linux techy roles however having said that, my next role is in Southampton.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    This is why I love being a contractor, Banking sector crashing? Move to public sector. Public Sector slashed? Move to Tech companies etc etc. We are like the slag who goes for the guy doing the best and will dump them as soon as they look like becoming a loser.

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    UBS is downsizing and going back to wealth management, Deutsche Bank mired in litigation. Doesn't look good.
    Not is is not good for the industry, country and Europe as a whole.
    It might be the in thing at the moment to bash to banks but it is going a bit too far really.

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I thought this was a post about Bristol invading Bath.

Very disappointed.
    lol

Not yet. Give it 50 years!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I thought this was a post about Bristol invading Bath.

Very disappointed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X