• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mensa anyone?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mensa anyone?"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    Giving the fact that the large portion of the middle management handling contractors is nowhere near Mensa levels, mention of your membership in interview or CV can only harm your chances of securing a role, nobody likes a smarta**
    You are as safe as houses then

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Giving the fact that the large portion of the middle management handling contractors is nowhere near Mensa levels, mention of your membership in interview or CV can only harm your chances of securing a role, nobody likes a smarta**

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    People who know nothing are the happiest, lad.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Any contractor that puts mensa membership on the CV is labelled a geek with poor communication skills.
    Says someone with an IQ of .....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Any contractor is labelled a geek with poor communication skills.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Any contractor that puts mensa membership on the CV is labelled a geek with poor communication skills.
    Iike you actually read CVs!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    ... and judging by some of the posts on this thread... poor grammatical skills.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    I bet it's good fun for the clients (or prospective employers if permie) who get to pull your leg on account of it.

Psychometric tests and your academics are already telling them everything they need to know about your IQ.

Leave a comment:

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    I know someone who put it on their linkedin profile. Looks silly but it's good for a few laughs

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Any contractor that puts mensa membership on the CV is labelled a ******* dickhead.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    Funnily enough, a lot of what you will encounter in an IQ test, you will find in psychometric tests with less obvious labels as well, e.g. in abstract reasoning psychometric tests.
    Interesting - because included in the IQ test fee, they also gave me an online psychometric test (profilingforsuccess.com).
    According to that my personality type is surveyor and I happen to like to play the role of an 'expert' in my work environment.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    People taking the Mensa test aren't the only people taking IQ tests, and they are normalised in relation to other tests. They are restricted to extrapolating from sample sizes, since not everyone is going to take an IQ test, but that's the nature of the beast. Funnily enough, a lot of what you will encounter in an IQ test, you will find in psychometric tests with less obvious labels as well, e.g. in abstract reasoning psychometric tests.

Leave a comment:

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Top 2% of Mensa or top 2% of the world's population and if its the latter then how do they know?
    top 2% of the world's population - extrapolating from mensa test-takers as a representative sample?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
    Any good paying for the membership apart from a small ego boost?
    Took their exam during bench time and turns out I am in the top 2%
    Mostly meaningless but no harm posting about it on CUK.
    Top 2% of Mensa or top 2% of the world's population and if its the latter then how do they know?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X