• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Ignorance Amnesty

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ignorance Amnesty"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    - I thought making this thread would be a source of light relief

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I once got a letter from the local health board, informing me that I only had three months to live.

In my ignorance, I didn't realise that the letter was, in fact, for my four year old son who has the same name as me.

Imagine my relief when I realised.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    And there's loads of towns called Ausfahrt with streets called Einbahnstrasse
    Is it Einfahrt for one-way street? 53 years old and sign with a word in a foreign language that looks a little bit like fart and I'm cracking up...

Pathetic lol!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    When I was in Germany I kept wondering why such a lot of S-bahn trains went to this mysterious place called 'Kurzzug'.

Eventually asked the Mrs who was working there why don't we go and visit this place since a lot of trains go there only to be told it's German for 'Short Train'....
    And there's loads of towns called Ausfahrt with streets called Einbahnstrasse

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    When I was in Germany I kept wondering why such a lot of S-bahn trains went to this mysterious place called 'Kurzzug'.

Eventually asked the Mrs who was working there why don't we go and visit this place since a lot of trains go there only to be told it's German for 'Short Train'....

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    When I first heard someone mention Keeping up with the Kardashians, I thought they said Keeping up with the Cardassians and someone had made a DS9 sitcom

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    She said she did it for YOU for fifteen cause it never took too long. Anyway, doesn't matter. She's in the basement of the huddy flat wrapped in an old carpet
    Was it one of the Rytka twins?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Life is the iceberg. MF is captain smith in this analogy. You're the doomed vessel full of hopes and dreams that will never be fulfilled.
    But what a vessel eh?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    If MF is the iceberg, then yep.
    Life is the iceberg. MF is captain smith in this analogy. You're the doomed vessel full of hopes and dreams that will never be fulfilled.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Something else you've got in common with the Titanic then?
    If MF is the iceberg, then yep.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    and very nearly the states
    Something else you've got in common with the Titanic then?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Funny you should say that Suity. Only today I spotted this from some bird on LinkedIn:

MF in drag, or there really is a market for your brand of tulip?
    Oh my tulips definitely marketable. I'm in demand as far as Germany and very nearly the states if MF hadn't fecked things up.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Yep, and I thank you for that. It's been freebies for the last couple of years.

It got even better when her teeth fell out.
    And I bet she still smells better than that tart that lived next door

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    She said she did it for YOU for fifteen cause it never took too long. Anyway, doesn't matter. She's in the basement of the huddy flat wrapped in an old carpet
    Yep, and I thank you for that. It's been freebies for the last couple of years.

It got even better when her teeth fell out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X