• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Suicidal Cyclist

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Suicidal Cyclist"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I would prefer if they impounded the bikes of such idiots and made them walk home.
    Unfortunately there aren't enough police around to enforce it. So until someone actually flattens them or if the are lucky they have a near miss, their behaviour won't change.

For the life of me I don't understand why if you get on a bike you think that wearing all Black in the UK is appropriate regardless of the weather and time of day.

I guess if the government still put out those safety adverts people would be more aware that if a driver can't see you, then you are more likely to be run down.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They do it randomly to prove to cyclists who moan about drivers who don't get prosecuted for running down the idiots amongs them, that there is no point prosecuting those cyclists amongst them who believe in wearing dark colours and having no lights at night.

In parts of inner cities cyclists like this are teenage drug dealers.
    I would prefer if they impounded the bikes of such idiots and made them walk home.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    you do wonder why Plod do stupid things like that you would of thought recommending stupid prosecutions would be a CLM.
    They do it randomly to prove to cyclists who moan about drivers who don't get prosecuted for running down the idiots amongs them, that there is no point prosecuting those cyclists amongst them who believe in wearing dark colours and having no lights at night.

In parts of inner cities cyclists like this are teenage drug dealers.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I shall mention again the clown who got himself offed in Gorseinon some years ago, cycling the wrong way up a one way street in the dark, wearing black clothes, on a bike without any lights.

And the almighty plod decided it was a Good Idea to attempt to prosecute the unfortunate driver.

Who got found not guilty.
    you do wonder why Plod do stupid things like that you would of thought recommending stupid prosecutions would be a CLM.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Those of us who cycle properly hate these idiots immensely. Gives idiot car drivers an excuse to run us all down.

Next time Zeity, please do the decent thing and splatt him.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    When I got there she was sat in plods car sobbing her eyes out - not sure how that helped at all ...wimmin eh
    As long as her sobbing wasn't "I'm sorry, it was all my fault!"

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Must be very upsetting for her. Hope she (and he) is OK.
    When I got there she was sat in plods car sobbing her eyes out - not sure how that helped at all ...wimmin eh

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Scary... my daughter knocked one down in similar circumstances on Friday night - middle aged guy had been drinking and was returning from a take away with booze and food hung over handlebars

He banged his head which meant someone called an ambulance, which meant plod attended

I would have gone over him a few times just to make sure - about time these fookers had insurance
    Must be very upsetting for her. Hope she (and he) is OK.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Cycling on the wrong side of the road in the dark, no lights, dressed in black, approaching a blind bend.

Sadly the clown did not get splatted.

I woz disappointed.
    Scary... my daughter knocked one down in similar circumstances on Friday night - middle aged guy had been drinking and was returning from a take away with booze and food hung over handlebars

He banged his head which meant someone called an ambulance, which meant plod attended

I would have gone over him a few times just to make sure - about time these fookers had insurance

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Was it threaded?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Cycling on the wrong side of the road in the dark, no lights, dressed in black, approaching a blind bend.

I woz disappointed.
    Was it Suity? His mass is so large he bends light towards him like a black hole. You were lucky not to be sucked in.

Leave a comment:

• RetSet
    replied
    You mean you missed him?

Dozy arse!

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    started a topic Suicidal Cyclist

Suicidal Cyclist

I woz disappointed.

Working...
X