• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Permie "Job security" is a myth"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Indeed. When I was permie I got made redundant once, was one of the few to be retained another time and only avoided a third by finding another job when news of imminent closure surfaced.

Nope. That's twice. Forgot my first ever job. Ta, Lord Beeching! Rot in hell.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 28 March 2015, 20:45.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by ItRYmyBEst View Post
    So you think I shouldn't offshore some of my Front end SPA work and find uk developers? I don't want to £400 uk market rates when I can do it with good devs I know offshore for 35-50% the cost.
    The only front end spa work I know of is a "Happy ending" after a massage at the spa. Last heard from a mate, they usually do it for £20 - £40 depending on the spa.

Not sure where you got £400 from

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    what is a sockie?
    Physician heal thyself

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Stop creating sockies on here then, not like you're any good at making them look like real accounts. Your lies are as transparent as your sockies are blatant.
    what is a sockie?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Seriously, I've never had such cheeky replies from any other forum than this one. Sort it out guys/gals.
    Stop creating sockies on here then, not like you're any good at making them look like real accounts. Your lies are as transparent as your sockies are blatant.

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    Vous êtes un menteur

As well as being illiterate.
    Seriously, I've never had such cheeky replies from any other forum than this one. Sort it out guys/gals.

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    There? where?

As to on shore Indians I've worked with plenty, I am working with 4 on my current project and they're no better or worse than the others, one is certainly a complete cowboy.

Please let us know when you've fabricated some make believe projects to give to these mythical and superior types, that or just bin that appallingly bad sockpuppet.
    So you think I shouldn't offshore some of my Front end SPA work and find uk developers? I don't want to £400 uk market rates when I can do it with good devs I know offshore for 35-50% the cost.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    je ne comprende pas
    Vous êtes un menteur

As well as being illiterate.

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Surely you're too busy creating to sockies
    je ne comprende pas

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Have you ever worked with on shore indians, there mostly better than the UK nationals, I'm thinking of outsourcing my new projects to them.
    There? where?

As to on shore Indians I've worked with plenty, I am working with 4 on my current project and they're no better or worse than the others, one is certainly a complete cowboy.

Please let us know when you've fabricated some make believe projects to give to these mythical and superior types, that or just bin that appallingly bad sockpuppet.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Have you ever worked with on shore indians, there mostly better than the UK nationals, I'm thinking of outsourcing my new projects to them.
    Surely you're too busy creating to sockies

Leave a comment:

• ItRYmyBEst
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    What they normally do, have seen this at least three times now, they onshore all the Indians into the UK

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied
    Seen it so many times before...

Off shore then near shore then on shore...

All the time contractors reaped the benefits of change.

It is the way of the world.

As long as you're on the crest and not the ones being dashed on the rocks.

Tone

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    "they can't get rid of me, I have been here 20 years, 20 months salary as redundancy to get shot of me"
    Except if the company goes belly up. The legal minimum is 1 week per full year of service, so that's 20 weeks salary. And that weekly rate is capped at probably less than the salary they were earning.

Expenses count as unsecured credit, so those go unpaid as well.*

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    And permies wonder why clients hire contractors.
    Yep. No 90(?) days notice to the Dept of Work and Pensions (is it still called that?) of redundancy, no pensions contributions to worry about either.

* there was the small matter of a phone I bought for employer's client but never saw the cash for. Several hundred quid out of pocket on that one

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    When that company changes IT director they will onshore but find it difficult to get the relevant skills.
    Relevant and young you mean so as to keep costs down. Heaven forbid they have to hire a 45y/o who will demand £45k to solve their problems.

yes....I have chip on my shoulder about ageism.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X