• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This life is more than just a readthrough"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    How would you "now" link the two?
    The email address on your CV?

Googling your real name also turns up multiple references to your forum name. It would only take someone to then google your forum name to land here.

e.g.

freelancer.co.uk
    sourceforge.net

I don't think you'd have to go to too much trouble to find my real name from my forum posts, but you'd be hard pushed to go the other way.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    "Life's not about how hard of a hit you can give....it's about how many you can take and still keep moving forward"

Hope things pick up for you

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Welcome back Suity and condolences for your loss.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Only because you can't get hookers into the office
    Show some class!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Hi Suity. Sorry for your loss.

x

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Only because you can't get prostitutes into the office
    Very tricky as a contractor. It's possible to 'interview' though, as a permie.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    well... your 'about' page is a torrent of gibberish, though i did appreciate what you were at there. Something valuely factual about what you're trying to sell might help. You can shift the other stuff to a 'tulip we like' page maybe? Although, for me, differentiation between one's professional and personal life is a necessity so it would just go.
    Only because you can't get prostitutes into the office

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Most peoples is. But there is a veneer of anonymity about CUK. If admin ever got leaned on by the Mafia then god help us all.
    How would you "now" link the two?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    My entire posting life is.
    Most peoples is. But there is a veneer of anonymity about CUK. If admin ever got leaned on by the Mafia then god help us all.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    well... your 'about' page is a torrent of gibberish, though i did appreciate what you were at there. Something valuely factual about what you're trying to sell might help. You can shift the other stuff to a 'tulip we like' page maybe? Although, for me, differentiation between one's professional and personal life is a necessity so it would just go.
    My entire posting life is.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied

Suggestions welcome naturally.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

You're gonna need a new sig btw.
    I like "dot" though.

Let's just get some posts flowing and we'll sort summat aaaat.

Suggestions welcome naturally.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Potted update from me :

My Grandfather died. I was with him to the end like a good grandson should be. SY02 was there with me through quite a lot of it, but had to do school runs and evening routines. At the end it was just us. Seeing someone you care about, and fought for, lose their battle is tough. Other blood relations couldn't be arsed.
    Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

You're gonna need a new sig btw.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    .... and rewrote your CV?
    I have had some constructive critique on both my CV, and website.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Potted update from me :

My Grandfather died. I was with him to the end like a good grandson should be. SY02 was there with me through quite a lot of it, but had to do school runs and evening routines. At the end it was just us. Seeing someone you care about, and fought for, lose their battle is tough. Other blood relations couldn't be arsed.

I'm back in Bonn. Got a weeks work here, and potentially more. Very hand to mouth and very fragile, but at least currently I can invoice. For this I am grateful.

SY06 built a tiny Olaf snowman and adorned it with one of her pink sparkly hats, and pink scarf. It stood around 9 inches tall I reckon. Then got SY02 to film it and send the vid to me here in Bonn, with her explaining what was happening. This little lamb did more for my "getup and fight" spirit than anyone has, probly ever.

So, snafu, and all good. X
    .... and rewrote your CV?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X