• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Muslim anger at Pope speech"

Collapse

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by _V_
    I think they should make a film about it
    The Pope Must Die?

I think our Muslim brothers are probably already writing the screenplay

Leave a comment:

• _V_
    replied
    I think they should make a film about it

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Mel Gibson & the Pope would be a nice pair to invite around to dinner.

A rabid jew hater and an ex Hitler youth member.

Come to think of it, they would probably fit in quite well here.

I wonder what they think about NL/IR35/SKA ?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan
    Looks a bit like Mel Gibson...
    I think Mel turned down a role in the Life of Brian.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    I believe you are right. If he himself had opined that islam is bad, he'd be contravening it. But I'm not sure how it stands with him quoting someone else.

I've noticed over the years that the mullahs never knock jesus.
    Hardly surprising given that Islam recognises Christ as a prophet, here is what wikipedia has to say ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_Jesus

Main article: Jesus

Islam holds Jesus (Prophet Isa) to have been a messenger and a prophet of God and the Messiah .

[1] According to the Qur'an, he was one of God's (Arabic Allah) most beloved messengers, a precursor to Muhammad, and was sent to guide the Children of Israel.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Harrysp
    So for the uneducatd could you please explain what haram is ?
    It’s how Japanese visitors pronounce a district of New York

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Its marvellous to learn that the Popes words have been endorsed by this board!
    You're cheating Alf.

That's just my opinion

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by TwoWolves
    Hang on a minute.

Hasn't he broken a cardinal rule (excuse the pun) that heads of religious orders are not supposed to defame other major religions?

I mean the Ayatollahs aren't allowed to say bad things about Christianity because Christ is supposed to be a serious prophet. I realise that politicians do this all the time but the religious top-brass aren't supposed to do this, wasn't it a 17th c agreement or something?

True or not he could work on the diplomacy a bit.
    I believe you are right. If he himself had opined that islam is bad, he'd be contravening it. But I'm not sure how it stands with him quoting someone else.

I've noticed over the years that the mullahs never knock jesus.

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Hmmm

Looks a bit like Mel Gibson...

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    After all he is the Messiah.

Tony, I mean.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Leave a comment:

• Jesus
    replied
    I asked the Pope to stir it up a little. I'm desperate to come back and spread love and peace, just need a bit of death and destruction first.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Sombody told me today that a lot of people think that Jesus and the Prophet Muhammed (sp??) are the same person!!!

Therefore both religions are tulip because they have the same genesis

I'm sure somebody will get uptight about this revelation

Leave a comment:

• TwoWolves
    replied
    Hang on a minute.

Hasn't he broken a cardinal rule (excuse the pun) that heads of religious orders are not supposed to defame other major religions?

I mean the Ayatollahs aren't allowed to say bad things about Christianity because Christ is supposed to be a serious prophet. I realise that politicians do this all the time but the religious top-brass aren't supposed to do this, wasn't it a 17th c agreement or something?

True or not he could work on the diplomacy a bit.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates
    After the Pope's speech yesterday I'm seriously considering becoming Catholic...excellent.

Nobody can accuse the Catholic church of being racist, and all he did was quote theological literature. Very eloquent speech.

Its marvellous to learn that the Popes words have been endorsed by this board!

However the previous Pope did condemn the Iraq war and warned Blair not to go to War ... but Blair being a commited Christian knew better.

After all he is the Messiah.

Tony, I mean.

Sadly the Popes words on the Iraq War was met by great derision by members of the board at this time.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt
    Will we be seeing a rerun of the Crusades then?

Some might argue we already are ;-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X