• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Something going on with this plane?"

Collapse

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Faulty landing gear apparently. Bounced it down the runway too. Looks like one of the main doors was jammed.

But as they say, if you can walk away from a landing its a good un.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Tis apparently landed.

I suspect flightradar24 is like my birdbox - before I had a camera in it, the birds came and went and I didn't pay much attention. Since I've had my camera, exactly the same stuff is happening, but I care a lot more about it!
    Here's your problem:

Summer of the Shark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Tis apparently landed.

I suspect flightradar24 is like my birdbox - before I had a camera in it, the birds came and went and I didn't pay much attention. Since I've had my camera, exactly the same stuff is happening, but I care a lot more about it!
    Fair point.

I don't know how often there are problems of this sort, but I bet they're not that rare, I'm sure that there are a lot of well established procedures to get rid of extra fuel, the airports will have suitable gear or a designated alternative in the event of a risky landing and the aircraft are designed with a measure of safety.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Tis apparently landed.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Landed safely

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Photo of the landing gear ...
    Crikey, yes they'll have a job landing with a great big black and white crate stuck to one of the wheels!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Photo of the landing gear

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Is Beardy Branson piloting it?

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Looks like it is going to try to land again.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    2014-12-29 15:23 Virgin Atlantic flight reports 'non-standard' landing

A Virgin Atlantic passenger plane "is preparing to implement a non-standard landing" at Gatwick airport because of "a technical issue with one of the landing gears", the airline has said.

Virgin said flight VS43 travelling from Gatwick to Las Vegas is returning to the West Sussex airport.

A spokesman said: "The aircraft is preparing to implement a non-standard landing procedure at Gatwick airport. A further update will be issued as soon as possible." ...

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Looks similar to the one the other day - burning off fuel before landing.
    Likely but two passes over the runway is unusual. Circled and then turned back south of the Bristol channel so won't be heading for Las Vegas.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Looks similar to the one the other day - burning off fuel before landing.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    started a topic Something going on with this plane?

Something going on with this plane?

Virgin Atlantic B747 Gatwick to Las Vegas. Stacking south of the airport and what looks like two attempts to land so far.

Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

Working...
X